Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
on my na there is for sure a delay between the foot and the rpm. a lot. not hesitation, it's a delay in the flutterby opening.and Im pretty sure closing also. probably a "GM" "throttle damper" witch I see could be useful but it should be on open throttle operation only , not upon opening.Just for bumps in the road.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
New ECM update.

So we've made it 4 days. The engine has started each time I turn the key and it seems to be running fine and everything still works. Idles as it should and accelerates as it did.

The only thing I have noticed is that at speed (65 - 80 ish) the engine seems to surging a little, it does it when cruse is engaged or not. It's almost indiscernible but I sense it. Not sure if it is still "learning" or something like the throttle body needs cleaning. I don't think it is misfiring, no CEL. I'll give it a few more days and check it with the new scanner.

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
Congratulations.

A dirty throttle body is most likely to cause a problem at idle, but anything is possible. Giving it a few more drive cycles is probably a good idea.

·
Registered
95 Posts
raygun - Yes everything seems good. I only wish I could have taken the tech aside to see if he could have taken care of that damn throttle delay.

Is anyone interested in the old ECM to play with?

Thank you all again.
I will take it! I'd love to disassemble it and see how it ticks and maybe what made it die.:nerd:

How far are you from Webster, MA?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #145 (Edited)
I will take it! I'd love to disassemble it and see how it ticks and maybe what made it die.:nerd:

Looks like a little over 2 hours, Falmouth.

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts

I think you are going to be disappointed when you open it, since it is pretty much a solid mass of electronics and resin.

The problem is almost certainly in the soft- or firmware, and won't be visible to the eye.

Then again, anything is possible and you might get lucky.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I only wish I could have taken the tech aside to see if he could have taken care of that damn throttle delay.
PAW does offer a auto tune, but its advertised for the 2.0 only (even though the 2.4 and 2.0 share the same transmissions).
The WERKSracing Automatic Kappa 2.0T LNF TCM Tune is custom programmed to your specs for a completely new driving experience!!!
Features - Increased line pressure for firmer shifts
Raised shift point rpms
Raised shift point mph
Decreased shift time for faster shifts
Removal of torque management within TCM

I've also been hearing about a product called Sprint Booster on the Kappa FB groups that is suppose to improve the time you press down the pedal to the time the car starts moving. But it could be all BS.

Key Benefits

• Eliminates throttle lag • Sport & Race mode
• Instant acceleration response • 30-Day Money-Back
• Increases performance

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
.........I've also been hearing about a product called Sprint Booster on the Kappa FB groups that is suppose to improve the time you press down the pedal to the time the car starts moving. But it could be all BS.

Key Benefits

• Eliminates throttle lag • Sport & Race mode
• Instant acceleration response • 30-Day Money-Back
• Increases performance
The Sprint Booster is an amplifier that goes between the throttle pedal position sensor and the ECM to make the ECM think you have pushed the pedal further than you actually have. It does make it feel like you have better performance, because the engine response exceeds what you expect, but actual performance is not improved.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts