Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Well that wasn't it!!! :brentil: Ever since this happened last week I took Mike's advice and have only been using the Shell V-Power. I searched out every station between here and my job. But tonight when I got ready to leave work the light came back on again. Don't think this could be residules because I've already put another 1200 miles on it since I got it back. So it looks like I'll be heading back to the dealer again in the morning. URGHHHH!
What code is it setting?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
P0300 thru P0304 But it jumps around it doesn't just sit on one cylinder. While we were watching the tech 2 it had 35 misfires on 1 and 3 misfires on 3. There are 253 misfires in the history. They have decided that they will replace the injectors. If that doesn't work they will replace the intercooler. I have it back right now with the engine light on waiting for the parts to come in.

So what would make injectors go bad?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Interesting, let us know if that fixes the problem.

My car threw a code last week and while is hasn't thrown a code sense, I have been recording misfires with the Dashawk. Replacing the plugs did not do anything, so I'm now wondering if it could be the injectors as well

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Interesting they will replace the injectors and not look at the fuel rail.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
No I can't tell that anything is wrong. I don't feel any hesitations, there are no misses. It seems to be running fine. What do you have in mind?
Have they had it on a lift and inspected the bottom of the intercooler for any damage or leaks? Have heard from a reliable source that leaks like that can also cause misfires.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Have they had it on a lift and inspected the bottom of the intercooler for any damage or leaks? Have heard from a reliable source that leaks like that can also cause misfires.
hummm not sure about that. I usually drop it off then come back later so I don't know what they've done. But I can definately "feel" the mis now. Especially when it's ideling.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I feel my car missing, mainly at idle after a bit of driving...but I'm not throwing codes (DH is logging misses as well). Plugs looked perfect, I think my next step is to move the cyl 4 coil pack to another cylinder (cyl 4 misfires the most by far), but I'm wondering if it isn't an injector in my case as well.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well she's finally in the shop to have the injectors replaced. Yes it took this long to get all of the parts and gaskets in. They called today and said it was going to take a little longer because the engineers are having them "move the injectors around", whatever that means. If someone knows please explain. Also I went into my garage today to mourn her absence and noticed that I have 3 drip spots where the Sol normally sits. I have already had the recall done so I guess I'll be having them check the diff again. All I can think is, "Oh no, here we go again!"

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Well she's finally in the shop to have the injectors replaced. Yes it took this long to get all of the parts and gaskets in. They called today and said it was going to take a little longer because the engineers are having them "move the injectors around", whatever that means. If someone knows please explain.
My guess on the injectors is that they want to make sure that it is not a problem in that cylinder vs the actual injector.

The spots could just be normal weeping but best to have them check ... :yesnod:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a p1301 cylinder 1 misfire and cured it for with shell 93 and two cans of Lucas cleaner for a few months anyway....came back and wont clear itself this time....puzzeled

21 - 36 of 36 Posts