Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...Merlin has 401 miles on him.

Yesterday I went home after work and jumped in...put the key in the ignition...all the lights...radio etc came on...but it would not turn over.
No clicking thru the solenoid...no cranking...just flat (but with power).
Popped the hood and jiggled the battery connections to see if that was it...but no...nada ...zilch

I hit the fob to deactivate the security...but nothing...and engine light was staying on too.

Called "AAA" and had it flat-bedded back to dealer. While waiting I decided to try it again. This time it started like a charm. (about half an hour to 1 hour later) Still, the engine light stayed on...which is why it's in for the diagnostic.

So...here's my questions.

Pass Key III. (not that I put the wrong key in the ignition...but I do have two (2) fobs on my key chain )
Will Pass Key III disable the starter like described above...and if so...what could I have done?
I have stayed with the factory pre-sets all the way down the line.
I have never had a GM car with Passkey III that I know of... but my wife's 2004 Rendezvous may have it...but I've never had an issue with that car.

Q2....would Pass Key III trigger the engine light to stay on (I think not !!!)

OK...diagnostic will occur this a.m. and I'm sure will find the issue.

just thought I'd post this out there to see if any one else has already had this issue

·
5,641 Posts
It does appear that the PassKeyIII+ system on the Solstice can keep the car from cranking over. But so could a problem with the theft module. Which from your previous post becomes a place for the dealership to look.

What was the Security Light doing?

Keep in mind that the dealership should complete a field product report for whatever they find. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8134

Hope it works out quickly. I would still blame your sister though. :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer has been advised of your comments
He will report back once analysis is done

Security light went out when fob was clicked...engine light stayed on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts