Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
What's this :confused: ?

A thread that contains real, honest-to-goodness information?

No slander, no rumors - no OPINION ?

Just what the hell are we supposed to do with this :willy: ?

Thanks ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
This brings a question to mind - what do we know about any of the other components?

I know I've seen mention that the radio is a Panasonic. I also know some months ago, someone posted the manufacturer of the convertible top (don't remember).

What about the seats? Does anyone know who makes them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We could get into a nasty debate that a real American won't get the auto because it's made in France. :skep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Interesting conversion of the displacement numbers in the LE5 compared to engines in the old days:

2384 cubic centimeters = 145.48 cubic inches
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
MAKsys said:
This brings a question to mind - what do we know about any of the other components?

I know I've seen mention that the radio is a Panasonic. I also know some months ago, someone posted the manufacturer of the convertible top (don't remember).

What about the seats? Does anyone know who makes them?

Top is made by Haartz. I'm not sure if that is just the canvas or the actual mechanism too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
Top is made by Haartz. I'm not sure if that is just the canvas or the actual mechanism too.
They only make the material. There is another company that makes the actual top itself. One of the members here works there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Some of this info we've seen in parts in places, but this is an awesome compialation of everything. Only thing I wish these documents had too was the fuel economy for the engines too. Great job drex. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Who is Haartz? Never heard of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
The TQ curve on that dyno is very nice up to 5k. Definitely needs some flow work to carry the power further up the rpms. I'd love to see a more detailed graph though as the HP peak looks a little optimistic for how quickly that tq dives.





brentil said:
They only make the material. There is another company that makes the actual top itself. One of the members here works there.
Collins & Aikman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

...........Auto.......Manual......Power
Model | CTY | HWY | CTY | HWY | HP | ft-lbs
-------------------------------------------
G6.......23....32...............167...162
ION......24....32....25....34...170...162
Cobalt...24....32....25....34...171...163
HHR......23....30....22....30...172...162
Sol..................20....28...177...166


I'm not 100% on the Cobalt manual, took the numbers from the ION since the auto's mileage was the same.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top