Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years of replacing engines in my Solstice using parts from different donor cars, I've found a few subtle, but important differences. I thought a thread listing those and any that others have found would be helpful.

My car is an 06 2.4L (LE5), so these may not be applicable to later years.

I'm hoping others will update / reply with other differences they've encountered.

I currently have an LE5 from a 2010 Malibu. Things that are important to know when using the Malibu engine (and I assume other FWD LE5s):

Oil pan - different shape
Oil dipstick tube - different shape AND LENGTH. This is important.
Oil dipstick: different length and handle diameter. Solstice stick is about 1-1.5" shorter, handle diameter is about 2x

Intake manifold and throttle body. O-ring configuration is slightly different. (Could be model year difference?) harness connector is the same.

2006 vs 2010: MAP and harness connector are different. The injector harness is modular ,it can be purchased and swapped separately from the engine harness. Injector connectors are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
In 2008 they changed internal engine components from forged to cast the earlier engines were rated being capable of up to 450 HP with stock internals. Also there was a change in the ECM so that a 2006 &2007 ECM will only work in those cars they are not interchangeable with the 2008 and up model years

1 - 2 of 2 Posts