Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
While we are all cooped up for 3 weeks here, should I order the chains and attempt this on my own??? I always have what I refer to as the "one bolt syndrome". Where I can loosen the other 40 bolts, but that 1 just won't budge....hahahaha
It was for sure an endeavor but if you're well versed and careful, you should be able to do this.
Biggest thing is making sure the cams don't budge and if they do; knowing exactly how the crank and cams align.
It seems like KapaMatt knows what he's doing given he breezed past this with apparently no issues (would love to hear the details fellas).
If you have the tools (breaker bars, torque wrenches), lots of light and LOTS of patience; it isn't impossible, just time-consuming (which we apparently now have in spades...LOL.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Biggest thing is making sure the cams don't budge and if they do; knowing exactly how the crank and cams align.
It seems like KapaMatt knows what he's doing given he breezed past this with apparently no issues (would love to hear the details fellas).
Matt doesn't frequent this board but hopefully he will chime in. He is a certified mechanic and definitely knows what he's doing and would more than likely have any tool needed to help things along.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts