Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does the Envious color look 100 times better in person (or in pictures that real owners have posted) than it looked in the brochures, pontiac website, etc? It's a completely different color than I thought it was!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
BriBoop said:
Is it just me, or does the Envious color look 100 times better in person (or in pictures that real owners have posted) than it looked in the brochures, pontiac website, etc? It's a completely different color than I thought it was!
:agree: I was surprised when I saw it in person and liked it.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I am liking the color much more now that I have it. It has grown on me quite a bit. The color that suprised me when I saw it though was Pure. I thought "white, how boring" but when I saw it on a Solstice, wow! What a difference! Put stripes on Pure and it will be a knock out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
AeroDave said:
I am liking the color much more now that I have it. It has grown on me quite a bit. The color that suprised me when I saw it though was Pure. I thought "white, how boring" but when I saw it on a Solstice, wow! What a difference! Put stripes on Pure and it will be a knock out!
:agree: Even though I chose an Envious myself, I was surprised by the white. When I saw it in the pictures, I thought it looked cheap, like a giant piece of plastic. But in person, the white seems ok.

When I was in the dealership after all the salespeople had attended a Ride & Drive, they all said that the Envious was the best color of the bunch. I think one person phrased it as "It looks like a very elegant color. It's not flashy at all."
:)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Glad to hear Pure looks good : :) We ordered a Pure, fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
BriBoop said:
All the colors look better in person. The car looks better in person. I'm the most amazed with White. DAMN it looks prudy!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
hersolstice said:
Yep, it looks really good. The only color I didn't care for is the one that seems to be most popular -Sly.

·
1,492 Posts
Pure for Sure!

:agree:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pure?

Looks dirtier faster!
Harder to wax correctly!
Matches my refrigerator!

·
2,574 Posts
hersolstice said:
You will be glad. I liked it far more when I saw it in person. I really love the idea above about stripes for the pure, that would be a show stopper. I would do some photoshopping you might be unexpectedly surprised. Maybe a steel colored stripe or two something like the Cobra that would match the sand and steel interior could be a killer.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Envious does look better in person......

I too saw Envious in person and yes, it is a winner! The Solstice looks terrible in Pure (White). It just doesn't do anything for me in White. :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SlipSlider said:
White. DAMN it looks prudy!
Are you calling those white solstice owners prudes?!? How dare you! :lol: :devil: :lol: (Gotta watch those flying fingers when you type.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone seen the Deep in person. I'm really having second thoughts. All the photos seem to be almost black. If that is the case, I'll just get black. The Pure is cool too. Or is that the cool is pure too. I'm so confused.

Looking for a GOOD picture of the blue.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deepsol06 said:
Anyone seen the Deep in person. I'm really having second thoughts. All the photos seem to be almost black. If that is the case, I'll just get black. The Pure is cool too. Or is that the cool is pure too. I'm so confused.

Looking for a GOOD picture of the blue.
The deep is a really dark blue, and in low lighting often looks black. The Deep looks best in bright sunlight, where you can really see the blue metallic sheen to it.

I believe Excelsior's car is blue, and he has a whole website with different pics, http://ddz.net/solstice/14/v/ Take a look at Zaino pictures, and you can see how much of a difference the lighting makes. I think the Fog pictures look really cool too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Dengel. Me thinks I'll keep the blue.
It is B-E-A-UTIFUL !!:thumbs: :yesnod:
Besides, who wants to challenge an already overloaded ordering system changing the order - I may never see the car! :leaving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts