Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

EOP: Are you effected by GMS or being a GM supplier?

  • I'm a GM employee (or relative) and can't order a "1ST 1000" car.

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Through no fault of my own, my company is a GM supplier and I can't order a "1ST 1000" car

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I'm not affected. I can order one of the "1ST 1000" cars.

    Votes: 13 56.5%

  • Total voters
    23
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Most GM Suppliers can order under EOP

Update! (Read messages below for more detail)

Most GM Suppliers are eligible to order under the EOP program. If your company is/was involved with the Solstice, then you CANNOT participate in the EOP program. Again, see additional detail in the messages below.

==============================
(original message):

I'm really disappointed (politically correct tone) that GM is sticking it to the employees of GM suppliers. There are over 100,000 employees in the company I work for and because we happen to sell something to GM - God knows what - we get forced into the GM supplier program. I never used the program because I never purchased a GM vehicle before. In 2002, after seeing the Solstice from the Detroit auto show, I went to my dealer and put down some money to get one of the first (not even knowing when it would be available). Now, I find out I can't buy it under the "1st 1000" program. I have to wait. Excuse me, but didn't the IDL broadcast yesterday say they wanted new retail customers - people who never bought GM before? Well, that's me and now I'm being alienated. If I can't get into the "1st 1000" program, I probably won't buy a 2006 model becuase I won't get it until late Fall (too late to enjoy it - will have to put it in the garage for five months). Maybe this is good news. Let some other sucker find the problems with the first year car. Maybe if the 2007 edition comes out (assuming they don't dump the Pontiac brand), they will have the supercharger/turbo, a hard top option, and maybe I can use my "GM supplier discount" to boot. That is, if I'm still not pi$$ed off at GM and decide not to go to a competitor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Todd, is it that GMS people can't order the car period or is it that they can order it but can't use their discount.

I'd be surprised if GMS people are barred from ordering the car if they don't use their discounts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Amen brother.

Luc, yes the way it was worded was the person is eligible is excluded as being an "insider" not that he can't use the discount (that too).

If we fight this now there's still a chance GM will come to their senses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Breaking info!!!! GM Suppliers are okay to purchase 1st 1000

I called the 866-539-0256 number this morning. Talked with a lady named Margo. Gave her my name, my company's name, and asked her about the GM supplier eligibility on the first 1000 EOP program. She read off a form statement that basically mentioned that GM employees and any company that was affiliated with GM on the Solstice are not eligible for the EOP program. Which makes sense - most contests or special promotions have similar wording. Since my company didn't do anything with respect to the Solstice, she said she would push this question up the line to get an answer. I called her back again just a few minutes ago and she said I was eligible. She said it was just like we discussed earlier today - any company that was involved with GM on the Solstice is not eligible. I asked her to send me an email so I would have written documentation that I was eligable. I'm waiting for that now. Good news to all (almost)!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Thanks Todd you the man!!!

Calling them was my next move but I was holding out to see what my dealer came up with.

I assume same will apply to everyone. To be avoid confusion I'm calling supplier people later and pulling my name out of their system (telling them I don't work for company anymore).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I called the 866-539-0256 number this morning. Talked with a lady named Margo. Gave her my name, my company's name, and asked her about the GM supplier eligibility on the first 1000 EOP program. She read off a form statement that basically mentioned that GM employees and any company that was affiliated with GM on the Solstice are not eligible for the EOP program. Which makes sense - most contests or special promotions have similar wording. Since my company didn't do anything with respect to the Solstice, she said she would push this question up the line to get an answer. I called her back again just a few minutes ago and she said I was eligible. She said it was just like we discussed earlier today - any company that was involved with GM on the Solstice is not eligible. I asked her to send me an email so I would have written documentation that I was eligable. I'm waiting for that now. Good news to all (almost)!
If you get that e-mail, post it here for us! Please :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do...it hasn't arrived yet....i'm still waiting.....and waiting....must be the theme of anything involved with the solstice....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Good thing you figured this all out Todd, my sales guy just responded with a generic explaination of GMS and supplier discount and a statement that I'm not impacted. He claims supplier isn't on the exclusion list...anyway I'm good to go :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Margo back and she told me that GM won't allow them to send an email because there's no consumer information out yet on the car.... argh.... :brentil: but, what she said earlier is still valid. So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm in good shape.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I called Margo back and she told me that GM won't allow them to send an email because there's no consumer information out yet on the car.... argh.... :brentil: but, what she said earlier is still valid. So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm in good shape.
Todd from your conversations I assume we are all safe so long as we didn't have close relationship with Solstice, correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes...that's based upon the statement she read to me and the following conversation....so, smiles everyone, smiles! :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
slowandlow said:
no i might be screwed. i think my dad worked on sothing to do with the hydro foarming or the company he works for.
But if the car is in your name you might be OK depending on how deep they dig. I'd give it a shot and see how far you get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
It's kinda funny. I originally got interested in the Solstice 'cuz my daughter worked GM at a GMAC 800 number exchange and I wanted to use the discount that got me. It was the only car GM had that even slightly appealed to me. November 1st of last year, they closed down the Houston branch and went 100% out of state contractor. I was upset but decided I'd still get a Solstice, even at full price. Now it seems that, had things been different, I probably wouldn't be eligible for EOP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I'm getting really screwed! I currently am employed by a large university whice for some reason gives us a GM Supplier discount, making me inelligible for the EOP. As of June, I will no longer be with the university, thus won't get the discount! :cuss:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
pontiacinblack said:
I'm getting really screwed! I currently am employed by a large university whice for some reason gives us a GM Supplier discount, making me inelligible for the EOP. As of June, I will no longer be with the university, thus won't get the discount! :cuss:
Nope, looks like a false alarm, read some of the posts below. Only suppliers close to the Solstice development are excluded not everyone in the supplier discount program. I'd bet there are 10's of thousands of people in the supplier discount program in general, 99% are ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would remove the poll, but there's no option for me to remove it. I'll update the first message to clarify for first time readers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
mceb said:
Nope, looks like a false alarm, read some of the posts below. Only suppliers close to the Solstice development are excluded not everyone in the supplier discount program. I'd bet there are 10's of thousands of people in the supplier discount program in general, 99% are ok.
Bringing this one back to the front...

I really hate to recant myself, but called the hotline tonite...a few new bits that I'm sure will cause a furor of discussion.

Here they are:
1. Individuals who work for a company that MANUFACTURES vehicle parts for any GM vehicle will not be eligible for the EOP. If you get a discount b/c you work at HP (you were mentioned ;) ) at Lowe's, or some other retail/school or think-tank, etc, you are OK so long your company is not tied to the Solstice promotion. They are still working on a list, but no luck yet.

2. This is huge, the password used to log on to solstice1000.com can be used at multiple terminals in the same dealership. Recommended that each salesman uses his/her name so that they can be linked to the order.

3. Each order will be followed up by HQ to verify employment to determine eligibility, address, and options. There will be a series of questions.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top