Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you EOP's or friendly knowledgeble dealers know when a Solstice will be available in CT, RI or SE Mass to view? Maybe sit in?

I know some EOP cars are coming to CT but no one seems to know when.

Did any EOP cars go to RI? Or did they get 0 zips?

Any idea of the location of the dealer intro for New England?

I know a lot of questions but all the excitment on the forum the past week is starting to affect my patience.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
zcellar said:
Do any of you EOP's or friendly knowledgeble dealers know when a Solstice will be available in CT, RI or SE Mass to view? Maybe sit in?

I know some EOP cars are coming to CT but no one seems to know when.

Did any EOP cars go to RI? Or did they get 0 zips?

Any idea of the location of the dealer intro for New England?

I know a lot of questions but all the excitment on the forum the past week is starting to affect my patience.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.
Ct. did not get any first 1000 eop cars. However I live in ct. and I have a priority zerro/zipper and my car should be built right after the first 1000. If you go to the first 1000 vin list you can see what states didn't get any first 1000. There are most of new Endland states in there.

ZeroZipper ct.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deluke said:
Ct. did not get any first 1000 eop cars.

ZeroZipper ct.
I know an Eatern CT dealer that said they had 3 EOP cars coming and 1 allocation car to follow. At least on the phone, they will only say they are arriving late Sept or Oct. I was hoping something would be in the area sooner, I really would like to see this car.

I am also a zero zipper

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
deluke said:
Ct. did not get any first 1000 eop cars. However I live in ct. and I have a priority zerro/zipper and my car should be built right after the first 1000. If you go to the first 1000 vin list you can see what states didn't get any first 1000. There are most of new Endland states in there.

ZeroZipper ct.
Also, someone here pulled info from GM which said a dealer in Danbury received a EOP car.

edit ---- I found the post http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2651&highlight=Robert+Pontiac

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EOPs in the NE

Apparently no EOP buyers on the forum in the NE. Just us anxious zero zips.

My dealer has been great but only knows what is happening in their world.
Thus no new news.

Years ago I had a good relationship with the dealer in Milford. Maybe somebody there will have some info.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
zcellar said:
I know an Eatern CT dealer that said they had 3 EOP cars coming and 1 allocation car to follow. At least on the phone, they will only say they are arriving late Sept or Oct. I was hoping something would be in the area sooner, I really would like to see this car.

I am also a zero zipper

Mine is EOP, anybody that ordered during the promotion which was ten days I think is considered a EOP car but not first 1000. So CT. didn't get any first 1000. You should go to the list for vins and it shows you what states go how many first 1000. After the first 1000 cars next are the zero zippers priorty and free maintence priorty. Then the will do EOP and first allocation. I'm hoping to get mine by the end of sept or oct. my order was picked up by GM about 3 months ago. Did your dealer tell you that you were his zero zip priorty because the dealers only got one priorty and they had to put your name in saying you were there one priorty.

Zero/zipper ct.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
deluke said:
Mine is EOP, anybody that ordered during the promotion which was ten days I think is considered a EOP car but not first 1000. So CT. didn't get any first 1000. You should go to the list for vins and it shows you what states go how many first 1000. After the first 1000 cars next are the zero zippers priorty and free maintence priorty. Then the will do EOP and first allocation. I'm hoping to get mine by the end of sept or oct. my order was picked up by GM about 3 months ago.

Zero/zipper ct.
Sounds about right, anything ordered during the EOP is EOP but anything after 1000, zero zip, and free maintenance would although be EOP would come from the dealer's allocation.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
achieftain said:
Sounds about right, anything ordered during the EOP is EOP but anything after 1000, zero zip, and free maintenance would although be EOP would come from the dealer's allocation.

I must be confused on the semantics. EOP, 1st 1000, ZZ, etc.

But it sounds like seeing a Solstice in the NE won't be until Sept or Oct, unless some information on the dealer introduction surfaces?

It is starting to feel like we are at the solstice!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
E O P

my order went in the same time as the first 1000. 2:34:22.G M did not include a ref.# on my confirmed order ; however my order was placed at the same time as the 1000. My order # has not changed. The factory rep. stated my car will arrive about the same time as the 1000. Which would be just after the first 1000 I think. I received a call PONT. HQ. they gave me a choice between two 1000. I passed on both not what I wanted. The HQ.then goes down the list and offers the car to the next in line.If another is canceled thay come back to me which is not very likely,do to the ebay thing. However I am high on the wait list and will get a early build.As far as the free maint.6000 mi.or 6months Thats 4 oil changes. WOW. Its nice to know I am high or highest on the list. Sorry but I had to post this it makes me feel good.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
my order went in the same time as the first 1000. 2:34:22.G M did not include a ref.# on my confirmed order ; however my order was placed at the same time as the 1000. My order # has not changed. The factory rep. stated my car will arrive about the same time as the 1000. Which would be just after the first 1000 I think. I received a call PONT. HQ. they gave me a choice between two 1000. I passed on both not what I wanted. The HQ.then goes down the list and offers the car to the next in line.If another is canceled thay come back to me which is not very likely,do to the ebay thing. However I am high on the wait list and will get a early build.As far as the free maint.6000 mi.or 6months Thats 4 oil changes. WOW. Its nice to know I am high or highest on the list. Sorry but I had to post this it makes me feel good.

The only thing I care about is that we are suppose to get our solstice's around the same time that the end of the first 1000 should be getting there's. We'll see if that happens.If they offered you two first 1000, why didn't you take one? Were the options that far off from yours?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SCISOLSTICE said:
If it feels good do it!

I never gave the waitlist much thought. When you move up the list you get the car thats available not the chance to spec the car yopu want. Great deal!

I have some GM card dollars I can use so a ZZ was ok with me.

The problem now is summer is slipping away, there are deals now on Z4,
3 Series Cabs, even Mustangs and Corvettes the dealers are starting to budge on. And the lasting I want to do is have a car I get to drive for 6 weeks and store for six winter months.

Boy this venting is great! Nobody listens at home!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
zcellar said:
If it feels good do it!

I never gave the waitlist much thought. When you move up the list you get the car thats available not the chance to spec the car yopu want. Great deal!

I have some GM card dollars I can use so a ZZ was ok with me.

The problem now is summer is slipping away, there are deals now on Z4,
3 Series Cabs, even Mustangs and Corvettes the dealers are starting to budge on. And the lasting I want to do is have a car I get to drive for 6 weeks and store for six winter months.

Boy this venting is great! Nobody listens at home!

I think it will be worth th wait.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
zcellar said:
...I never gave the waitlist much thought. When you move up the list you get the car thats available not the chance to spec the car yopu want. Great deal!
Actually, that wasn't true for me. I was in the same situation as SCI, with the 24 month maintenance deal, until July 18th when I got called by Pontiac. They said that someone had cancelled and I was next in line to move up ... with MY specs. I suspect that person's car had not been built yet, as was the case of the two cancellations that were offered to SCI. So it all depended on who cancelled and when.

That said, it would have been a VERY tough decision for me to have to make a choice of the two offered to SCI. I might have taken the one w/o leather and had it done aftermarket or something ... but fortunately I didn't have to make THAT decision!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Black on black all options except On star, XM and smokers?

I ordered the smokers just to get the extra outlet but other than that the same car.

You sound like you have lots of patience. Want to trade?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
zcellar said:
Black on black all options except On star, XM and smokers?

I ordered the smokers just to get the extra outlet but other than that the same car.

You sound like you have lots of patience. Want to trade?
:glol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
smokers

hyzer said:
Smoker's pkg doesn't include an extra outlet, just a lighter and an ashtray that fits in the cupholder.
Please don't take this wrong but I was told the car had a 12 volt outlet and the smokers pkg. would give me a second (the lighter) for phone and radar.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was told that the smokers package did not give you an extra outlet it just made the one you were going to get the lighter -- so we didn't add the smokers package.

hmmmmm, guess we will wait and see!

·
2,574 Posts
zcellar said:

I am also a zero zipper

Zcellar I'm told there will be a drive and ride coming up in the Boston area. I am told either the end of August or September. This is consistant with earlier info on this Forum. My source is a dealership in RI who promised to give me the when and where soon. He was quick to point out that it was closed to the public but I intend to get a sighting somehow.(across the street or whatever) Will be happy to share what I learn. They said it was limited to 150 area salesmen. All I hear of are zero zippers in RI and one dealer has one additional car in allocation as a result of being shut out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts