Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted this AM, take it for what it's worth.

"We have experienced unprecedented demand for the all-new 2006 Pontiac Solstice today!

Pontiac dealers all across the country today were able to place the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders for the Solstice starting at 2:00 PM EDT and 657 unique dealers in 47 states placed these orders today. It was an amazing distribution of early orders within an extremely limited time.

As of today, there are currently over 4,000 consumers waitlisted nationally for the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders. That's a total of over 5,000 potential early orders for Solstice in just one day. In addition, we have generated over 20,000 registrations with unique ID numbers through the consumer website since 9:00 PM EDT last night. And this is only the first day of a 10-day promotional period. Dealers should take full advantage of the high customer traffic generated from this promotion.

Please keep in mind that EVERY first-1,000 retail order will be verified by program headquarters before it will be processed. Therefore, there is a chance some waitlisted customers may be eligible and assigned an order in sequence in the event that other orders are deemed ineligible. Also, dealers should continue to place regular retail orders against their estimated 4-month Solstice allocation quantity or waitlist these customers. Clearly, demand will outweigh supply for this low-volume car.

We sent out a Special Edition Hot Sheet earlier today indicating that some dealers are providing customers with unrealistic delivery dates for these orders. Please keep in mind that we announced an early order program different from a typical launch allocation plan. This was to generate consumer demand in advance of production. Please do not create unrealistic expectations as we expect that the first 1,000 retail orders will be delivered in the fourth quarter.

We knew that we would have a strong response, but we did not expect such an extraordinary volume of early orders for Solstice within such a short period of time. With yesterday's Apprentice debut, we clearly generated extraordinary advanced interest for this remarkable 2-seat roadster nationally. The result is nothing short of staggering.

Congratulations to all of you and continue to promote the Solstice and our entire Pontiac line-up in the exciting days ahead.

We sincerely thank you all!

Solstice Marketing Team"

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Wow, that means October. When do normal allocations arrive then? Does that mean the 4 month allocations are actually for the 4th quarter, and not Q3 then???

·
Registered
288 Posts
This makes no sense whatsoever. They didn't expect to sell out the first 1000 within the allotted time of the EOP? That sounds like BS to me. The way I see it, it doesn't matter if the first 1000 sell out within minutes, or it takes the entire EOP period. They should still have expected them to sell out.

October would put it after other brand '06 models hit the streets. Why would the solstice be delayed until then?

we expect that the first 1,000 retail orders will be delivered in the fourth quarter.
Maybe the *last* of the first 1,000 but to think that it would take 6 months to at least get *some* of the first 1,000 out the door is rather rediculous unless they are having problems at the plant. How can they start production on may 31st but not have any ready until October?

I really hope this is just legal manuvering.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Looks like 4th quarter for first deliveries of any, good thing they are 2006 models.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You have got to be kidding me. So they are going to back to the dumbest move in history for a roadster car? Releasing it during the start of winter for 80% of the US.

Smooth, guess that means ill be cancelling my order. Thanks gm

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
4th quarter delivery. As many as 5000 buyers already lined up, and potentially as many as 20,000. They better get working on the Sky and get it to market too to help soak up all this demand! People are going to get frustrated and start running over to the Mazda store, since waits are going to be forever for this car, and prices will be high!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Canada!

Up here in Canada country, I was looking through the toronto star, and there was a classified for a dealership that will be delivering their regular allocation Solstices in August. So just maybe us Canadians will be getting the Solstices first! :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Think this is calander Q4, or fiscal Q4? Remember, the fiscal year runs from October 1st to September 30th. 4th Quarter of the fiscal year starts in July.

Maybe I shouldn't post this as it is akin to shooting myself in the foot. I'd really like to see some people give up their places in line b/c they don't want to wait until winter. That way I get mine sooner!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
conejo148 said:
Just posted this AM, take it for what it's worth.

Please do not create unrealistic expectations as we expect that the first 1,000 retail orders will be delivered in the fourth quarter.
If you could ask them to define the three months of Q4. If it's calendar year, I would probably get sick. I don't know what their FY is, so that gets back to my question.

If the fiscal Q4 is from July-September like someone suggested, then I don't think that would be unrealistic. If it is calendar Q4, they can stick it.

Thanks, Todd

====================updated==================

I just checked the annual report. GM's FY ends December 31! That means the after EOP deliver isn't until October - December? What a bunch of morons! When are the EOPs supposed to be delivered? I heard June or July at latest...why a 3 month gap between EOP delivery and normal order delivery? If all this is true, these people are bozos...that explains the stock price.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Think this is calander Q4, or fiscal Q4? Remember, the fiscal year runs from October 1st to September 30th. 4th Quarter of the fiscal year starts in July.

Maybe I shouldn't post this as it is akin to shooting myself in the foot. I'd really like to see some people give up their places in line b/c they don't want to wait until winter. That way I get mine sooner!
I hope you are right for GM sakes, see some of my other posts, though I worked for one of the largest US companies and their fiscal Q was the same as the Calander Q.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow! 4th quarter. This is amazing. The Solstice was supposed to help bring GM back to life, but this whole release debacle may just be its death. So far in this processs, we've seen

1. Lack of information or misinformation at 90% of dealers about every aspect of the EOP.

2. A completely botched order entry system for the first 1000 ... just scan through the dozens of threads here for all the problems.

3. The final release date way behind initial estimates.

I've got to hand it to the design team for this car, but everybody else at GM is coming off like an idiot and it's not even in production yet ... certainly doesn't give me any warm fuzzies about the car in general. I mean look at the results so far ... you're in a forum filled with enthusiasts who absolutely love this car and it's about to turn into an angry mob. They better turn things around quick if they have any hopes of salvaging this project.

If they were indeed talking about fiscal Q4, it's not so bad, but I think it's unlikely.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I wonder if this is a pig with Gucci lip stick. The design is really, really nice, but I wonder why the build is having problems. We don't even know what type of problems this car will have in the hands of the customer! With all the delays, you know something has to be wrong with it! Am I off base here? (Good thing the car comes with 3 yrs of towing service!)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Im going to have to stick to the July date still for gms sake. I see making the whole apprentice thing run in mid april and not having the car delivered until ocotober as a HUGE HUGE mistake.

Let gm advertise the first cars wont be delivered till ocotober. See how many of those 5k people on the eop list and waitlist drop off.

I know the people I talked to yesterday who didnt have info on the car expect to see it duing the summer.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If my EOP waitlist gets me an EOP, I will take it. If, on the other hand, I have to get my Solstice from regular allotment and that ends up being Oct-Dec vs. July, forget it. I'll cancel my order and wait a year for the problems to surface and get fixed.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
1st 5000 member

"As of today, there are currently over 4,000 consumers waitlisted nationally for the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders. That's a total of over 5,000 potential early orders for Solstice in just one day."

OK, hope at last! I am one of the "first 5000"!! Maybe they will step up production for all of us on the waitlist.

anyway, it gives me something to dream about, now that the 1000 is over. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
So, CONEJO, that earlier notice of late October was possibly correct and not just the end of the EOP program!

A. Either Pontiac has run into production issues with the Solstice and cannot live up to earlier estimates of late June/July for the EOP Solstice cars.

or

B. The left hand isn't communicating with the right at Pontiac and infact the EOP cars will be delivered this summer as planned and announced all along, and delivery of REGULAR production dealer allotment comes in the fourth quarter.

or

C. ALL of the above.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
or

E. The Solstice doesn't exist and was only a marketing gimmick to get people to go to Pontiac showrooms, hoping, that one in ten will buy some other model. :D

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I still don't believe they would hold off delivery until 4th qtr...got to be some worst case thing...they'd be NUTS to run a big marketing promo in April and make people wait until Oct....NUTS.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts