Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I asked GM for information about the EOP program and Canada. Here is the e-mail I received from GM this morning:

Thank you for your recent e-mail concerning the Solstice Early Order Program offered in the U.S.

At the outset, we would like to assure you that we sincerely appreciate the support given to us by every purchaser of a General Motors product. We would hope that none of our programs would cause anyone to feel that we value them less. We are certain that you can appreciate that in a business such as the automobile industry, changing market conditions will often influence business decisions to stimulate retail activity.

Since this program is similar to other sales incentive programs conducted in the automotive industry, it must, of course, have specific beginning and ending dates and parameters defining the eligible vehicle lines and models. Unfortunately, the incentive program recently announced by our U.S. Divisions does not apply to vehicles sold in the Canadian market due to legal requirements in the U.S.

General Motors of Canada initial scheduled production will not be affected by their early order program and interested consumers are encouraged to place a factory order with their local Pontiac dealer. Start of regular production of Canadian orders is anticipated by mid-June with initial factory orders delivered to selling dealers by mid-July.

Our U.S. Divisions have complete jurisdiction in all matters related to sales, service and general operating policies and procedures for the U.S. market.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced. We appreciate your confidence in our product and we trust we will merit your continued patronage in the future.

We hope your new purchase will bring you much satisfaction during the period of your ownership.

{name deleted by me}
Internet Correspondent
www.gmcanada.com
The fact that the EOP program does not apply to Canada is nothing new. We have known this for some time, however it is the first time (that I know of) that someone from GM gives a confirmation of delivery dates (or time frame) to dealerships in Canada.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Since the Canadian version come soff the same plant lines as the USA version, I wonder if these dates would then be the exact same for USA delivery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
People in Canada buy verts in May and June, July is not bad but if they are any later they will have problems selling.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Whoo-hoo! :thumbs: July is better than September

·
Registered
96 Posts
Probably July is for the Canadian market only...Less demand, and less marketing importance to GM than the U.S. market. I still think we will see limited numbers in June for the U.S. market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts