Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out walking my dog this morning when one of my neighbors stopped me. He is a account rep. for a local Saturn dealer. He said the reason he stopped me was that he saw my name come up on a computer printout at his office. It seems that everyone who registered for the EOP through the Apprentice program was put into this database. GM in part of a marketing program is giving the names and contact information of those individuals to the local GM dealerships. You can expect to be contacted by your local GM dealers sometime in the near future.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Not suprised one bit. We had discussed a little before that this program would be a great survey/marketting tool for Pontiac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
GM wanting info on customers that LOVE their cars . . . what an interesting idea . . .

Hey Mr. Lutz :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
I just saw the first sign of it also. Got a GM credit card application in the mail today. I always get credit card offers, but this is the first from GM. Of course, I never had any remote contact with anything GM before now. Anyway, thought I'd mention they have a choice of card designs and the Pontiac version has a pic of the Solstice on the front. Might be interesting for those of you wanting to show off your car in advance. Here's a quick scan of that part of the letter ...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
SlySol said:
I just saw the first sign of it also. Got a GM credit card application in the mail today. I always get credit card offers, but this is the first from GM. Of course, I never had any remote contact with anything GM before now. Anyway, thought I'd mention they have a choice of card designs and the Pontiac version has a pic of the Solstice on the front. Might be interesting for those of you wanting to show off your car in advance. Here's a quick scan of that part of the letter ...
Current GM Card holders can't get a card choice. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Wow ... that sucks! Kind of hard to believe they couldn't do it if they really wanted to. Maybe if you asked for a supervisor and/or threatened to cancel, they'd work it out for you. That often gets you through to somebody who can cut through a lot of red tape for you in an effort to keep your business. Also might help to mention that you're throwing GM 20 grand in the next few months for that exact car and would appreciate a little consideration.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
SlySol said:
I just saw the first sign of it also. Got a GM credit card application in the mail today. I always get credit card offers, but this is the first from GM. Of course, I never had any remote contact with anything GM before now. Anyway, thought I'd mention they have a choice of card designs and the Pontiac version has a pic of the Solstice on the front. Might be interesting for those of you wanting to show off your car in advance. Here's a quick scan of that part of the letter ...
Yeah, I posted a high res image of that off the GMcard website a while back as part of my proof that the GM card would be allowed for the Solstice. As we've we've found now, the GM site now says you can use upto $1000 towards a Solstice from the new cards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
Current GM Card holders can't get a card choice. :(

This isn't true. I saw that this was available and also knew that I wanted to lower the interest rate on my card, so I called them up. Got the interest rate lowered to 10.79% and also got them to send me one of the new Solstice cards. Oddly enough I am more excited about the card than the interest rate. You probably just have to get the right person that is willing the take the time to find out how.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
This isn't true. I saw that this was available and also knew that I wanted to lower the interest rate on my card, so I called them up. Got the interest rate lowered to 10.79% and also got them to send me one of the new Solstice cards. Oddly enough I am more excited about the card than the interest rate. You probably just have to get the right person that is willing the take the time to find out how.
I had asked about getting the SOlstice card and the two people I talked to told me I couldn't because the specialty cards were connected to a different type of card. It sounded like a load of BS, I'll have to call back and see if I can get it changed again.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
I had asked about getting the SOlstice card and the two people I talked to told me I couldn't because the specialty cards were connected to a different type of card. It sounded like a load of BS, I'll have to call back and see if I can get it changed again.
It could be that both of you (SolsticeDesire & brentil) are correct.

The "Solstice" GM Card may only be available to card holders with the newer redemption limit accounts.

brentil, you may still have the older original no redemption limit (but yearly earning limit) card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mikefred1952 said:
Current GM Card holders can't get a card choice. :(

I just called GM Card services and they are sending out my new cards with the Solstice on them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Small Dealer said:
It could be that both of you (SolsticeDesire & brentil) are correct.

The "Solstice" GM Card may only be available to card holders with the newer redemption limit accounts.

brentil, you may still have the older original no redemption limit (but yearly earning limit) card.
I just signed up for the card in Dec 2004. So I've got the new unlimited per year earning, but limited per car spending card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Actually, it does say it's only available on the Platinum Mastercard, so perhaps if you originally opened a regular account they can't do it unless you open a new account or something.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
SlySol said:
Actually, it does say it's only available on the Platinum Mastercard, so perhaps if you originally opened a regular account they can't do it unless you open a new account or something.
Well mine's a Platinum Mastercard. I guess I'll try calling tonight and see if I can get the new design. Because due to an issue on the Indian call centers part I got a normal design instead of the Solstice design. When I called back I got the speel about having to open a NEW account to get that card, and it's tied to different acounts, blah, blah...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
Database? That's why I "accidentally" transposed 2 digits of my phone number. Oops! My bad.
I usually do the same, but the whole point of registering was to get one of the first 1000 and if you do, they need to actually call you. That would really suck if you're on the waitlist and they call to tell you but can't get you ... but I'm sure the next on the list would be overjoyed.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top