Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Y'all.

I'll try to keep this short, and in order. Remember, these are the OFFICIAL rules. You may have different agreements with your specific dealership.

THIS MATERIAL IS NOT APPROVED BY LEGAL DEPT, NOT TO BE DISEMINATE, REVIEWED, OR DISTRIBUTED TO CUSTOMERS..

1. Almost 2000 dealers enrolled

2. Orders will be placed via a secure, internal website (any terminal w/ web-access,) that is guaranteed to handle all traffic.

3. Regardless of how long you have had a deposit in, all orders will be place on a first come/first serve basis at the dealership.

4. There is no way to protect a person with a deposit currently in from losing a potential vehicle to somebody fresh off of the street.

5. GM Program HQ will screen orders to weed out buyers who live outside of the 50 states/D.C., are eligible for a GMS/Supplier/Dealership discount, unlicensed (registration includes license number.)

6. Special promotions include the badging, the VIN, and your own 1:18 scale model.,cert. of auth.

7. All times are EST

8. GM Card earning cannot be used, and there will not be a special finance rate gauranteed at this time.

9. You can refuse delivery once the vehicle arrives, it just counts against the regular allocation.

10. One ID per person, husbands/wives are eligible to purchase one each.

11. Pricing is available now, I'm working on it.....I have a print out now. May have to take photos & scan.

12. Custs. must bring in a print-out of thier registration form, deposit, and unique ID to place an order, beginning at 2:00 p.m. EST. Dealers will log-in, enter that info, and will know within a few seconds of that customer will recieve a 1/1000 unit. The dealership will then have up to 10 days (length of promo,) to build the unit at a later time.

13. The entire Apprentice program is dedicated to the Solstice on 14 APR.

14. Your enrolled dealer will have a DVD for display available on 4 APR, including the top and operation. It looks pretty simple though (operation.) I'm trying to rig a picture.

15. web site, up and running @ 9:00 PM est. is www.pontiac.com/apprentice. Go in, register, priont out your registration page, go to your dealer, and leave a deposit. You can spec the car later.

16. Promo runs for 10 days, until 24 APR 05, not a lottery system, first order in will be first order processed.

I will answer now these now:
A/c-960
Power Pkg-625
Prem. Pkg-590
Cnv. Pkg-465
ABS-400
Lim Slip-195
Polished Alum Wheel-495
OnStar-695
Floor Mats-60
Smoker-40
Radio Codes (use order guide)
U2K-325
UQ3-395
US8-195
US9-495

Y'all enjoy for now, sorry so late.

Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would just like to say that not permitting GM Card earnings is total BS. I got the card 8 years ago for exactly this purpose. Talk about a slap in the face.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
You the man! Thanks a bunch. Don't get yourself in trouble for posting that. Pull it now if you don't think it's supposed to be out. (Your all caps statement at the top makes me wonder)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2KWK4U said:
You the man! Thanks a bunch. Don't get yourself in trouble for posting that. Pull it now if you don't think it's supposed to be out. (Your all caps statement at the top makes me wonder)
I honestly think it's all already out there somewhere. Pricing and rules, there were a few legalities discussed, but nothing that I listed. Just having some fun with the man. :cool:

BTW, the sand/steel interior combo is now avail. for Aggressive "Red" and Envious "Green" If it is listed above, it is available for the EOP.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
2KWK4U said:
yea I saw that...or just pull down that line and plead ignorance ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
conejo148 said:
BTW, the sand/steel interior combo is now avail. for Aggressive "Red" and Envious "Green" If it is listed above, it is available for the EOP.
Wow, that's big. A bunch of people will be real happy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Absolutely fantastic post. I have a couple questions:

1) The Prem. Pkg is the leather options?
2) To get a full stereo option do you have to buy the UQ3 and US8 or US9?

~Jake

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks man!

One question, is there any restrictions on if we can use the Smart Buy finance option? Was there any word on deposit minimums or is it up to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Looks like loaded one will run about 25k. Some of the prices look great (LSD, prem. package, alum wheels) while others look kind of high (A/C, OnStar)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
With that first come first serve caveat it would make sense to watch "The Apprentice" at the dealership and use their dsl line with your own wireless laptop to access the site at 9:00.01 P.M. and hand them the printout and money Thursday night. Otherwise you are saying there could be a line of people at the door when you open Friday morning that could only have found out about this whole deal the night before that could all bump us to regular allocation??

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
achieftain said:
With that first come first serve caveat it would make sense to watch "The Apprentice" at the dealership and use their dsl line with your own wireless laptop to access the site at 9:00.01 P.M. and hand them the printout and money Thursday night. Otherwise you are saying there could be a line of people at the door when you open Friday morning that could only have found out about this whole deal the night before that could all bump us to regular allocation??
2pm thing still holds on the 15th? 9pm is for the customer website on 14th (ID # etc.)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
How will they check to see if a potential customer is eligible for GMS pricing? My father-in-law hooked me up with his GMS discount on the car I'm driving now, and his name is on the title. Surely they won't cross-check that deep, will they? I could always claim he lost his job, or I divorced my wife, huh? :leaving:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Also, I dont understand the post about the steel/sand wasnt that always available? Same with the red and the green? Are they saynig these are special options for the EOP program or something different?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Billabongi said:
Also, I dont understand the post about the steel/sand wasnt that always available? Same with the red and the green? Are they saynig these are special options for the EOP program or something different?
Original option codes did not allow steel/sand only black with red and green.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
Looks like loaded one will run about 25k. Some of the prices look great (LSD, prem. package, alum wheels) while others look kind of high (A/C, OnStar)

Think last time Air Conditioning was an option (at least that I could find quickly), was the 1999 Sunfire and it was $830 then. (With the cost of refridgerant recently increasing by around 300%), $960 isn't that out of line with past Pontiacs.

Also the $695 is a common OnStar cost for an optional system. The 2004 Grand Prix offered OnStar for the $695

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Think last time Air Conditioning was an option (at least that I could find quickly), was the 1999 Sunfire and it was $830 then. (With the cost of refridgerant recently increasing by around 300%), $960 isn't that out of line with past Pontiacs.

Also the $695 is a common OnStar cost for an optional system.
Guess it's built into base prices so we aren't used to it. Good point with OnStar being optional. I'd pay the annual fees but will bail on it with upfront equipment of $700 on top.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I've updated my pricing/options chart.

http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm

The AC ended up costing exactly what I had listed. It's the price from the Saturn ION. Some of the other options were right on, but others were kiinda off. Especially the leather (Premium) package.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts