Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
As an I.T. guy, I'd recommend never deleting information from your data unless you absolutely have to. There may come a point down the road that some unforseen correlation appears and somebody might want to play with the numbers to prove or disprove their own theory. In other words, it might satisfy somebody's curiosity.

That being said, I'd say the delivery dates are more important now, so lose the EOP times if you have to, but if you can keep it all without any problems, that's what I'd like to see.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hide the column

If you're using Excel to generate the table, you can hide the column.

Also, something's changed in the column layout since the last time I looked, and there are some overlap issues at the top of the page when viewed with Mozilla.

I'm sure it looks just fine on Internet Explorer... ;)

Regarding data... #14's VOM event history, was the car really produced on July 5? That seems very early.... Could it have been July 25?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd say keep them unless you have to delete them for some strange reason.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Excelsior said:
Should I continue to track this since it has been proven that they mean nothing to production? I could replace it with delivery date possibly. I am open for suggestions.
I agree too! Because at some point I would like to see 1st allocations added. It would be nice to have a master list of all forum members!

·
Registered
251 Posts
How about current status (Code#) and last date modified??

·
Registered
25 Posts
VOM# & Production Dates

Excelsior said:
Should I continue to track this since it has been proven that they mean nothing to production? I could replace it with delivery date possibly. I am open for suggestions.
Like the hundreds of others, Cricket was able to review my VOM#. He stated that I was still a good ways back, and to check back in a month.

Can a projected build dated be determined by the VOM# alone, or is there deeper research needed?

I put my deposit down in May; I know it would be a guess, but based on the latest information, who's got the "best guess" for a production window for those vehicles ordered in May?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
SOL MIO said:
How about current status (Code#) and last date modified??
That might be a pretty tall order ... I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I doubt Excel wants to take this up as a full-time job. :) Not only does the code change to half a dozen different things, but many people have been reporting it has bounced aound between the same couple of codes repeatedly.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
studentpastr said:
I put my deposit down in May; I know it would be a guess, but based on the latest information, who's got the "best guess" for a production window for those vehicles ordered in May?
Not really enough to go on there. But since there were about 6000 orders in when the EOP ended on April 24, there are a good number of people who have been in line longer. Two things that are more important in determining your place would be where you fall in your dealer's four-month allocation and how large his allocation is. An early spot in his allocation is obviously good and the more cars your dealer was allotted may also help, since there seems to be a preference of larger dealerships.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crimson Avenger said:
If you're using Excel to generate the table, you can hide the column.

Also, something's changed in the column layout since the last time I looked, and there are some overlap issues at the top of the page when viewed with Mozilla.

I'm sure it looks just fine on Internet Explorer... ;)

Regarding data... #14's VOM event history, was the car really produced on July 5? That seems very early.... Could it have been July 25?
That's ODD because I USE Mozilla! I never open IE. And the date on the door of my car says 7/5 and I JUST realized that that means July 2005 as I type this, doh!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think I will track the 1st allocation beyond the names we have listed already. Maybe a date stating that 1st allocations are being built and a date when 1st allocations are starting delivery. This is not automated. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where I Fall

SlySol said:
Not really enough to go on there. But since there were about 6000 orders in when the EOP ended on April 24, there are a good number of people who have been in line longer. Two things that are more important in determining your place would be where you fall in your dealer's four-month allocation and how large his allocation is. An early spot in his allocation is obviously good and the more cars your dealer was allotted may also help, since there seems to be a preference of larger dealerships.
My dealer was allocated 13 and I was the 13th one. I also ordered leather (deep) which I understand can bump me down as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Excelsior said:
I don't think I will track the 1st allocation beyond the names we have listed already. Maybe a date stating that 1st allocations are being built and a date when 1st allocations are starting delivery. This is not automated. :)
But there are us members who are not Fms and ZZs. We would be happy with our screen names, colors, build dates and if delivered or not. It is a great source for this site as a group list. I really hope you will consider it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts