Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought, and I may be totally wrong, but I think that a lot of people who are currently "pending" or "wait listed" or have an initial allocation pre-order are going to drop out.

I know from my post I put on e-bay (which I have repented for :) I got a LOT of people saying that they were thinking of selling their's as well and that they weren't really sure they wanted to buy it in the first place.

I think Apprentice caused a lot of hype and a lot of people made impluse decisions to put in an initial order knowing they could always cancel it later.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car and think everyone else should too, but the views expressed on this forum are not completely typical of everyone who's put in an order. A lot of people are not nearly as obsessed as all of us.

Also, So far the dealers haven't done any financial qualifying, there are probably a number of people on the list who can't even really afford the car.

In other words, if you're on the wait list hang in there, I think your chances may be better than you think (and not just from people who are disqualified).

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Good points! But?

I think you make some very good points. My experience with other pre-order cars showed a significant increase in drop outs the longer it took to get the car to the showroom after the order was placed.

Impulse buyers get an impulse for the next "hot" car to come along, or get tired of waiting and take a different car that catches their eye prior to delivery.

Here is the problem I see that leading to: Let's say that Joe Impulse got a 1k car in San Diego. He decides to buy a (insert your choice here) instead prior to delivery. Acording to the EOP rules as I've read here the dealer is supposed to forfeit it back to PMD and it is supposed to go to the next wait list person. . . . Sally Waiting is in Columbus Ohio and she is next... What now?

I smell a possible fiasco coming for Pontiac! I hope I make it into the 1k by drop outs, and I would go a significant distance to get it, but 2,ooo miles? ...thinking...

·
5,641 Posts
Sol Cruisin said:
I think you make some very good points. My experience with other pre-order cars showed a significant increase in drop outs the longer it took to get the car to the showroom after the order was placed.

Impulse buyers get an impulse for the next "hot" car to come along, or get tired of waiting and take a different car that catches their eye prior to delivery.

Here is the problem I see that leading to: Let's say that Joe Impulse got a 1k car in San Diego. He decides to buy a (insert your choice here) instead prior to delivery. Acording to the EOP rules as I've read here the dealer is supposed to forfeit it back to PMD and it is supposed to go to the next wait list person. . . . Sally Waiting is in Columbus Ohio and she is next... What now?

I smell a possible fiasco coming for Pontiac! I hope I make it into the 1k by drop outs, and I would go a significant distance to get it, but 2,ooo miles? ...thinking...
If the order cancellation occurs early enough in the proccess, the first dealer looses the EOP first 1000 order, and someone is plucked off the wait list. If it is to late to change production scheduling, the EOP first 1000 order continues to go to the ordering dealer for him to sell, the dealer then has one taken from future allocation. And as a double whammy, runs the risk of the car he received from the cancelled EOP first 1000 order being under or over equipped and of less desireable color. Well, it is a small double whammy, but it could hurt if lets say it was ordered with out A/C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts