Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Brother Has One And Likes The Ride And All The Extra Room And Its Works Good In The Snow He Lives On A Good Sized Hill. I Also Think It Is A Good Value And Get Good Gas Mileage For A Suv

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It seems that most people are happy with them, and they are one of GM’s biggest “hits” in the last couple years. I think it would be a fine vehicle to purchase.

If I were buying a vehicle in that class, however, I’d take a look at the Saturn Vue. Its built on the same platform, although its dimensionally a little smaller. However, I like the plastic body panels because they won’t dent, and they offer a 250 HP V6 (it’s a Honda V6) which is a lot more grunt than the 3400 China sourced engine in the Equinox.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.
Yeah, I knew it was built on the same platform as the Vue.
I Like the looks of the Equinox a lot better though (and I believe I can get one cheaper).

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mcbman said:
Thanks.
Yeah, I knew it was built on the same platform as the Vue.
I Like the looks of the Equinox a lot better though (and I believe I can get one cheaper).
Looks, I dunno. All SUV's basically look the same to me. They are basically boxes on wheels. So I don't really consider that aspect too much in comparison.

As for price, don't immediately discount the Saturn. Even with the supposed no-haggle price on Saturns, their dealers actually have a LOT of leverage to move on prices. Saturn generally offers rebates, you can get dealers to use GM certificates, and they generally will sell at or near invoice too. So you should be able to get a similar deal as you would at Chevy. In place of discounts, Saturn will also offer free maintenance or extended warrenty too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts