Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been by this forum in a couple weeks, but I've been thinking about this beautiful car! I just saw this petition (and signed it) over on a MINI forum (I'm knee-deep in that car, and love it - but want a pop top for the Spring/Summer months, thus my interest in this guy).

Someone did a Photoshop of a license plate on the front of a Solstice and it just killed the lines (IMO). If someone knows where that thread is, or can post that pic, it might help get a few more sigs!

Oh well, just wanted to share....

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
TonyB said:
Someone did a Photoshop of a license plate on the front of a Solstice and it just killed the lines (IMO). If someone knows where that thread is, or can post that pic, it might help get a few more sigs!
It's in the thread about Emblem size, but I'll attach it here too.

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It would be nice to dump NY's front plate law too, but people have been trying to get it done forever and I doubt I will ever live to see it go away. I guess the only option would be to risk the ire of law enforcement by leaving it off. Somehow, all the Corvette owners manage to get away with it. I cannot remember the last Vette I saw with a front plate actually on the car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I guess the only option would be to risk the ire of law enforcement by leaving it off. Somehow, all the Corvette owners manage to get away with it. I cannot remember the last Vette I saw with a front plate actually on the car.
Depending on how bad Solstice looks with a front plate I may do exactly that. As a 2nd car with low use I figure my chances are low of getting $50 ticket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Move to Alberta!

We dont have front plates in Alberta. :smile I know it does help your cause but just thought id point it out.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
ambient said:
We dont have front plates in Alberta. :smile I know it does help your cause but just thought id point it out.
I'd rather pin a front plate on my Solstice and be able to drive top down year round.
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts