Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while drving the car pretty hard I accidentaly down shifted under hard acceleration. As soon as I mistakenly down shifted my ABS and service ESC lights came on but, whenever I put the car in the correct gear they lights went away. I thought everything was okay since the lights went away, so I put it back under boost and when I get into high boost the lights flash and if I stay in the gas it will kill boost and cut throttle completely. As soon as I let off the gas the lights go away and the car will build boost again. I can build low to medium boost without the lights being triggered but as soon as it reaches high boost pressure the lights will flash and cut throttle...

Took it to the deal;er and they pulled a chassis code CO292

Does anyone know what my issue is? please help!

·
Super Moderator
16,539 Posts
For some reason the ESC is sensing a condition that triggers the power reduction.

Try rebooting the car to force a reset. If the fault continues, inspect the wheel sensers and wiring. It could be the ESC controller which requires more work.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
DTC C0292

DTC Descriptor

DTC C0292 1A: Vehicle Stability Enhancement System Combination Sensor Circuits Bias Level Out of Range
DTC C0292 39: Vehicle Stability Enhancement System Combination Sensor Circuits Internal Electronic Failure

Circuit/System Description

The electronic brake control module (EBCM) supplies a 12 volt reference to the multi-axis acceleration sensor and is monitored via an internal feedback circuit to the EBCM microprocessor.
Conditions for Running the DTC
• The ignition is ON.
• Ignition voltage is greater than 9.5 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The multi-axis acceleration sensor is setting an internal electronic failure.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• Vehicle stability enhancement system is disabled.
• The vehicle stability enhancement system indicator illuminates.
• The driver information centre displays the Service ESC message.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

• The condition for setting the DTC is no longer present.
• The EBCM automatically clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 consecutive drive cycles.
... good luck

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts