Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride tonight ,ESC light came on immeadiately ,did not spin tires,normal take off.ESC service soon came on for no reason,cycled key a few times,went to a restaurant ,came out started car and ESC light was still on,drove a few feet and it went out.Any ideas what is happening?I was not concerened whenit came on,just thought I lost stability and it would clear ,seen that before,usually after a fast takeoff but there was no reason for it this time.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Could be a wheel speed sensor beginning to go bad.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were that anyway to isolate which one is the culprit?

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
More likely to be a front one (due to steering movement). I'd do a sight check of the cables at the front hubs and see if anything has frayed or been dislodged by road detritus.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thought,today they just crowned my road,basically they put ashphalt one the sides of the street as oppoed to the whole road.Possible something kicked up under the car as I was driving it.Thanks

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Chances are you have a history code.

·
Registered
399 Posts
More likely to be a front one (due to steering movement). I'd do a sight check of the cables at the front hubs and see if anything has frayed or been dislodged by road detritus.
You might also check your hub bolts for tightness, if they are loose then I can see the light coming on too. Usually it's only racers that have seen the loose (or missing, gulp) hub bolt problem but it can't hurt to check.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
It happened to me in Moab, UT on the way home from the NASSM in Denver. The dealer found loose hub bolts and one missing, I believe on the passenger side front.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I removed the passenger seat and lifted the rug,removed the Yaw sensor and replaced with another one I bought on Ebay. Still had the same issue, ESC warning . I then removed the connectors on the BCM a few times plugging them back in 3 or 4 times and still same issue.My thoughts were I would have to bring it to the dealer where they could use their Tech2 scanner and reset zero position on the Yaw sensor. Here it is 2 days later and off to the dealer,I then noticed that the ESC light went away. 0:) Will see if it comes back ,for now its good, put a few miles on it today and will see what happens. Thanks for all that chimed in on my question and all the great advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts