Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

ESR Wheels SR02 Black Chrome, Terrible idea?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  getyourwheels 
#1 ·
Help please,

I have a stock 07 gxp and I need wheels and tires. I am looking at 18x9.5 +35ET ESR Wheels SR02 Black Chrome. They do a custom bolt pattern for an extra fee. For tires I like the Nitto NT05 275/35r18 on all four. The tire calculator says this set up stick out 1.4" more than stock. Any one have any real world experience with a similar set up? Is this a bad idea?

#5 ·
Buy whatever wheels YOU like.

Those look a bit clunky and retro to me, but I'm not buying them so....

#7 ·
I emailed them a quote for a 18x8.5 up front and 18x9.5 rear. For tires, I am thinking Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/45r18 front and 275/40r18 rear. The Nitto tires I was looking at don't come in 245's. I don't really want a staggered set but 245's aren't recommended on 9.5" wheels. The 275's up front will stick out too much with +35 ET. If they look dumb, I will just sell them and get some replacement stock rims because I am sick of sifting through pages of rims that don't fit. Besides, if you search tirerack they list 35mm offset wheels when searching for a Solstice.

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum,

I'm running a 40 offset with a 275 in the rear and a 245 in the front. Before the coilover setup it stuck out about a 1/2" in the front and 3/4"-1" in the rear. Once I lowered it the front tucked and the rear is about as close as you can get. with minimum camber. It looked terrible in my opinion until it was lowered. To each there own. Ideally from what I researched on the forum and elsewhere you need a 50-55 offset for proper fitment. Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.