Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am absolutely angry about this entire situation.

1. All times were "ET" with no specification for Standard or Daylight.
2. Servers were bezerk for 42 minutes, and we didn't even know what was going on.
3. Some zip codes were rejected

I was personally affected by Time-zone, because I live in indiana and we obey EST. We see ET and don't even think about another Eastern time.
Regardless, we tried at 1:00pm anyway, and since the server was continuously down, we just thought they were getting ready for "2:00pm".

We found out too late (1:36) that it was New York time, and by the time I got through, I was put on the damn waiting list.

Thanks Pontiac and GM. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dude, you know - this complaint is getting old already. I feel for you that you didn't get in - but damn - I can't beleive anyone wouldn't see this.

Now, mind you this isn't meant to be harsh, but please remember, it's a car - not the end of the world.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fortimir said:
I am absolutely angry about this entire situation.

1. All times were "ET" with no specification for Standard or Daylight.
2. Servers were bezerk for 42 minutes, and we didn't even know what was going on.
3. Some zip codes were rejected

I was personally affected by Time-zone, because I live in indiana and we obey EST. We see ET and don't even think about another Eastern time.
Regardless, we tried at 1:00pm anyway, and since the server was continuously down, we just thought they were getting ready for "2:00pm".

We found out too late (1:36) that it was New York time, and by the time I got through, I was put on the damn waiting list.

Thanks Pontiac and GM. I appreciate it.

I too feel your pain. When someone says to me ET, i think Eastern Standard Time, not Daylight Savings Time. And when we tried to see if the sight opened early, the screen kept coming up "server busy" so we thought that meant that the site was not going to be opened until 3 PM Daylight Savings Time which is 2 PM Eastern Standard Time. If you are not going by standard time aren't the time differences going to be all over the place according to what your particular state goes by?

I don't care if we beat this into the ground. I've been pumped up for this first 1000 for a long time and I'm pissed. This was Horse****.

·
Registered
288 Posts
For the record, if I lived in the ONLY state on the East coast (And one of only 2 states in the entire U.S.) that decided not to participate in daylight savings time, I think I would be familiar with this problem.

Were you not aware that the rest of us are on Daylight Savings Time?

Flagg

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flagg said:
For the record, if I lived in the ONLY state on the East coast (And one of only 2 states in the entire U.S.) that decided not to participate in daylight savings time, I think I would be familiar with this problem.

Were you not aware that the rest of us are on Daylight Savings Time?

Flagg
Indiana is not on the east coast... having no form of DST, and having never before ever turing my clock back or foreward, etc, you get the picture. Times are almost always referenced to EST.

I've never had this problem before, because I've never seen "ET". I've always seen "EST" and on occasion "EDT".

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fortimir said:
Indiana is not on the east coast... having no form of DST, and having never before ever turing my clock back or foreward, etc, you get the picture. Times are almost always referenced to EST.

I've never had this problem before, because I've never seen "ET". I've always seen "EST" and on occasion "EDT".
:yawn: did you expect them to cater to indiana specifically? and leave everyone else to figure it out? :yawn: i really think you should have seen this coming, man. they are going to cater to the masses and unfortunately for you, that doesn't include your state. you should get involved in your local politics and change it so this doesn't happen to you again. :willy:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fortimir said:

You mean to say that in all of your years living in Indiana, you've never noticed that when you call someone else, or leave the state that the time is different?

Times are referenced as EST when we are on standard time, and EDT when we are on daylight time.

Flagg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts