Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does having an ordered car at Event Code 3000 mean very much? Or is that the place where most orders end up indefinitely?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Mine was at 3000 for over a month, it's a good sign that it's going to be made...eventually :)

When you hit 3100 it's not too long before it'll get built, as long as there aren't any delays or anything causing you to go back down to 3000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
846 Posts
My car # 1306 spent 61 days at 3000 before going to 3100, then another 29 days before 3800 produced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Mine has been at 3000 since Sept. 21. Is there a chance that as production steps up, the codes will change faster than 60 days etc. as stated above or are we simply waiting around again. Small Dealer, any idea about production time for 3000 Event Code Orders in September.

Trux
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
trux said:
Mine has been at 3000 since Sept. 21. Is there a chance that as production steps up, the codes will change faster than 60 days etc. as stated above or are we simply waiting around again. Small Dealer, any idea about production time for 3000 Event Code Orders in September.

Trux
I went from 3000 on 8/30 to 3400 on 9/28, so that was just about one month. I think we have been averaging about 1 month since the plant has settled into production of regular allocation cars. I believe they are still trying to ramp up the production rate, so there is a chance that that time will be shortened some. Also, FYI, we've been averaging about 2 weeks from 3400 to 3800, produced.

So as a rough estimate, you'll probably be at 3000 for a month (from 9/21), then another 2 weeks or so til your produced. So end of October or beginning of November for production of your car would be a reasonable guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Ours went to 3000 on September 21 also. We have been told that we have a build week of November 7 by a very nice forum member. Hopefully everything pans out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I really don't understand what's going on at the plant, but I do no that several of us on this forum have been event coded at 3000 since this first week in Aug. I hope small dealer maybe helpful in this situation. I just don't get why I have been sitting for over 2 months at 3000!!!!!!! This is a bunch of B.S. ( starting to rant) There have been many people on this forum that did not place their order before some of us and they already have their cars. :brentil: :cuss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
buckeyewilky said:
There have been many people on this forum that did not place their order before some of us and they already have their cars. :brentil: :cuss:
And Small Dealer will tell you that when the order was placed has little bearing on when it will be produced. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
My order was 3000 on 7/14/05, then 3100, then 3000, then 3100, now back to 3000..........go figure??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my VIN# today. Does this imply that I've passed code 3000 now? I sure wish this stuff was more cut and dried :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
drh1965 said:
I got my VIN# today. Does this imply that I've passed code 3000 now? I sure wish this stuff was more cut and dried :)
If you got a VIN #, that means your car has been produced, and should have reached code 3800 at least. If you go to the Sales, Ordering and Allocation FAQ in the Getting Your Solstice section of the forum, there is a listing of the various codes and what they mean, which helps make it more understandable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. I read about the event codes but my dealer claims to know nothing about that. He called and gave me the VIN# and I was hoping that correlated with an Event Code. Sounds like it does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
drh1965 said:
Thank you. I read about the event codes but my dealer claims to know nothing about that. He called and gave me the VIN# and I was hoping that correlated with an Event Code. Sounds like it does.

The dealer didn't know what an event code? He must be useless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
drh1965 said:
Thank you. I read about the event codes but my dealer claims to know nothing about that. He called and gave me the VIN# and I was hoping that correlated with an Event Code. Sounds like it does.
If your dealer isn't familiar with the VOMS system or the event codes, it is possible that he got the VIN # off of the dealer invoice he received, which would be a code of 4150, I think. You might want to call him back and ask if he has the invoice yet. If he has the invoice, you are probably close to being shipped.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top