Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that my Solstice's order event code went to 3000 this week. The dealer said that the next step is scheduling. Alot has happened in the two weeks since I first ordered the car, so maybe the production process is stepping up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :willy:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
There have been reports of the plant reaching almost full production speed so maybe you may have it at the end of december... if you are lucky. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats. Hate to wizz on your parade though. I went to status 3000 on Aug. 11, and I haven't moved since. I also put my down payment in on April 16. That is why this whole process is so frustrating, there is no rhyme or reason to how orders are picked up by GM and how these cars are made. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Keep your head up........

sisko said:
Congrats. Hate to wizz on your parade though. I went to status 3000 on Aug. 11, and I haven't moved since. I also put my down payment in on April 16. That is why this whole process is so frustrating, there is no rhyme or reason to how orders are picked up by GM and how these cars are made. :brentil:
On a positive note. I ordered in late June, reached code "3000" in late September, reached "3400" last week, code "4200" (shipped) this week. Oh, by the way, I have a VIN # too (2973). Keep Dreamin', Dreams come true! :yesnod:

·
Registered
265 Posts
you ordered your sol, from scratch, at a dealer 2 weeks ago and are already at 3000???

i ordered mine in july and it appears to be stuck at 2030.. what gives? sigh. :brentil:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dylan01 said:
There have been reports of the plant reaching almost full production speed so maybe you may have it at the end of december... if you are lucky. Good luck!

What a great Christmas present that would be!!! My dealer is way up the north coast of California, so it's going to be a great sleigh ride home no matter when it shows up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just got word from CC that my car went to 3000 this week as well. #1 of First Allocation, so.... hopefully will get it before the end of the year.

·
Registered
819 Posts
ojohnson said:
I just got word from CC that my car went to 3000 this week as well. #1 of First Allocation, so.... hopefully will get it before the end of the year.
ojohnson,

Congrats!! I heard from my dealer, same as TJ, that they had the invoice for my car. That email came in last Thursday, 10/6. Of course in the same email string, he had told me the VIN and that it was code 3800 on 10/13. In the later email, said it was 3800 on 10/19.

I am anxious, but at the point where the only thing that matters is the car really gets here, sometime, and in good shape. I can only wish the same for your car!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Event codes show the status of the order in the system. Using your VOM order number the dealer can lookup your status (event code) in the system.

• 2500 means preferenced or "picked up"
"Do you really Want this Car?"

• 3000 means accepted by production control
"OK hey Fred we are going to need another engine and steering wheel"

• 3100 means available to be sequenced
"Call Smitty and see if he can come in next month, we got more work"

• 3300 means scheduled for production
"Oh Smitty is out of town"

• 3400 means broadcast (internal plant order produced)
"What about his little brother"

• 3800 means produced
"Fred did you get thise bearings for the Motor?"

• 4000 means available to ship
"Hey we got to get this order started"

• 4150 means original invoice (dealer billed)
"OK OK we are in a bind and need more bolts from the hardware store"

• 4200 means shipped
"Hey can Pete drive this thing down to the DairyQueen?,the truck driver is lost"

• 5000 means at dealer
"Yeah buddy its being shipped next week"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
BubblePix said:
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that my Solstice's order event code went to 3000 this week. The dealer said that the next step is scheduling. Alot has happened in the two weeks since I first ordered the car, so maybe the production process is stepping up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :willy:
I order mine prior to Trump and went 3000 this week. Not much has happened in 7 months since I ordered it.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
BubblePix said:
you are the lucky one for all to happen in two weeks!!!

5/10 place order with dealer, left deposit
7/19 dealer places order..gets VOM number...event code 1100
9/21 3000

patiently waiting for my cool beauty......the allocation system still makes absolutely no sense to me......!!!!!!!!!!!! :willy:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Alot of people are going 3800 or 4200. But GM has to slow production if they want to get rid of the bottle necking in shipping,( I don't like to say that but its the truth) it's only getting worst not better. Pretty soon they'll tell you it's shipped and it really won't ship for 7/8 weeks after they say. See Iwant1 post he was by the plant yesterday. Cars everywhere.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
Alot of people are going 3800 or 4200. But GM has to slow production if they want to get rid of the bottle necking in shipping,( I don't like to say that but its the truth) it's only getting worst not better. Pretty soon they'll tell you it's shipped and it really won't ship for 7/8 weeks after they say. See Iwant1 post he was by the plant yesterday. Cars everywhere.
Yeah, that's why I won't be bothering Cricket for updates anymore. I'm at 4150, dealer invoiced, right now. I figure going to code 4200, shipped, doesn't really have any meaning, and it will most likely just piss me off. So there isn't really any need to check. For now at least, I am just going to wait and see how long it takes for delivery to happen.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Yeah, that's why I won't be bothering Cricket for updates anymore. I'm at 4150, dealer invoiced, right now. I figure going to code 4200, shipped, doesn't really have any meaning, and it will most likely just piss me off. So there isn't really any need to check. For now at least, I am just going to wait and see how long it takes for delivery to happen.[/QUOTE

At least it's in NJ, no trains involved.

·
Registered
193 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
Congrats!! I heard from my dealer, same as TJ, that they had the invoice for my car. That email came in last Thursday, 10/6. Of course in the same email string, he had told me the VIN and that it was code 3800 on 10/13. In the later email, said it was 3800 on 10/19.

I am anxious, but at the point where the only thing that matters is the car really gets here, sometime, and in good shape. I can only wish the same for your car!!
Crawdad,

Congrats to you too! Can't wait to hear the good news that you've received your car. Let me know how long it takes to get to its new home. I wonder how long I'll have to wait for mine to hit 3800? Oh well, the longer it takes the more I'll be able to have for a down payment. ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
:devil:
dengel said:
Yeah, that's why I won't be bothering Cricket for updates anymore. I'm at 4150, dealer invoiced, right now. I figure going to code 4200, shipped, doesn't really have any meaning, and it will most likely just piss me off. So there isn't really any need to check. For now at least, I am just going to wait and see how long it takes for delivery to happen.
I'm in exactly the same place...and still I'm wondering if I'll get one. How can it be I'm supposedly so close to getting it and I don't believe I will? So many have been promised and still waiting months without their car.

Must not buy the Miata.
:devil:Nice weather today, could be driving tonight :devil:
Must not buy the Miata.
Losing resolve.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Pterosaur said:
:devil:

I'm in exactly the same place...and still I'm wondering if I'll get one. How can it be I'm supposedly so close to getting it and I don't believe I will? So many have been promised and still waiting months without their car.

Must not buy the Miata.
:devil:Nice weather today, could be driving tonight :devil:
Must not buy the Miata.
Losing resolve.
Hang in there. If you're car is actually built, its got to turn up sooner or later. We're in the home stretch now! (I gotta believe it or I'll go insane. :willy: )

For now, I am going to occupy my time with getting my financing squared away, lining up the insurance, etc. The weather is finally nice again in NJ, so I will spend this afternoon cleaning the garage so my baby's new home is ready. Once I get those tasks done, I'll have to come up with some other things to keep the anticipation up - shopping for accessories, maybe? :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
ntouched said:
On a positive note. I ordered in late June, reached code "3000" in late September, reached "3400" last week, code "4200" (shipped) this week. Oh, by the way, I have a VIN # too (2973). Keep Dreamin', Dreams come true! :yesnod:
ok I was coded 3000 on 9/21...and here is one shipped already.....so why is there no rhyme or reason in the production process...I can understand sitting in the dealers allocation pool waiting to get picked up..but once you do..seems it should roll..what would one car not get produced and another one built when they were coded 3000 at the same time???...uuummmmm :willy:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts