Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share some news that I have officially worked out everything I needed to be able to get my solstice! So at the end of this college semester(about 10ish more weeks) I can finally go through on this big plan! I'm trying to make the days go by, because its still a little bit of a wait. I almost found my perfect GXP the other day, but it was automatic and my heart is set on manual. I just wanted to say how excited I am!! I'm only 19, so my friends don't exactly share the same love for this great Kappa, so I thought I would tell some great people who would get it. Thanks so much for entertaining my feelings!

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Hi Amanda! Glad you have things worked out. I'm sure you will let us know when you finally get your car.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,444 Posts
Hello Amanda,

It's good to meet you here and I'm happy that you have it all worked out how to get your Solstice. Be sure to check in when you get it. Welcome to the club!

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Good luck with you quest. Hopefully all works out for you.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I feel you pain. When I was 17, in 1967, I drove a Fiat 850 Spider. In case you don't know what it is, the Fiat 850 was a diminutive convertible sports car with an 817 cc, (that's .8 liter, 49 cubic inch) with less than 50 horsepower. I autocrossed the Fiat.

All my friend drove US made sedans, hot rods, muscle cars etc. If they were car guys, they drag raced.

The only foreign cars popular with the kids then was VW Beetles.

I got so much ridicule and put downs.

Once you buy the Solstice and your friends see it, they will be envious.

And if you buy a GXP, you'll be blowing their doors off.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your search for the perfect Kappa!

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I got my first sports car when I was 18 (I still own it many decades later). Congratulations on embarking on a very enjoyable pursuit!

This forum is a great place to ask questions before you do things with the car. Whatever the question is, the odds are that someone here may have dealt with it before and will be able to give you possibly money saving advice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share some news that I have officially worked out everything I needed to be able to get my solstice! So at the end of this college semester(about 10ish more weeks) I can finally go through on this big plan! I'm trying to make the days go by, because its still a little bit of a wait. I almost found my perfect GXP the other day, but it was automatic and my heart is set on manual. I just wanted to say how excited I am!! I'm only 19, so my friends don't exactly share the same love for this great Kappa, so I thought I would tell some great people who would get it. Thanks so much for entertaining my feelings!
Hi Amanda...go for it...you will enjoy!

·
Registered
271 Posts
don't worry about those people.

i'm telling you a lot of people will love it and you will get plenty of compliments; I still do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was in the same spot, bought my first GXP in college. Alot of people had the sentiment, "Why not a Miata, or an S2000, Or an Evo, or a Mustang, Or a Camaro, Or a focus ST, or a GTO, or a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" Eventually other people sort of warmed up to it and it kind of gained some appreciation. Enjoy the car, drive it, love it. It's not perfect, but they are a riot. Get a good set of tires. Welcome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts