Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Excuse you'll give if stopped for no front plate

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, fess up...tell everyone your best excuses you'll give the officer as to why you have no front plate ;)

It's a multiple choice poll so select a couple of the best and/or add your own in text.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mceb said:
Ok, fess up...tell everyone your best excuses you'll give the officer as to why you have no front plate ;)
The car had no front plates when I stole it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I was hoping you'd be so busy checking the car out you wouldn't notice. ;)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
While casually walking to the front of the car and pretending to be popping the hood (like the more mundane masses), I'll point and shout, "Hey, Isn't that the film crew from Cops?" When his back is turned, I'll quickly push that ugly snap on licence pate bracket into the grill and act like nothing has happened. Of course it'll be taken back off as soon as he leaves. :)

Can you think of another car that has a front licence plate that's so easy to put on and take off. Do you think it's just a coincidence or did GM find a way around this issue?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I was hoping you'd be so busy checking the car out you wouldn't notice. ;)
That may very well be a good enough reason for him to pull you over in the first place... cops will probably want to get a closer look at the hottest new car on the road...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thats funny officer, it was there when I left your house this morning after servicing your wife. Now go back to catching real criminals and leave me alone!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The front plate gets in the way of the detonator and it doesn't always trigger the explosives in the trunk :lol: :brentil:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
But, Officer,

it overheats when I run with the front plate on! :lol:

--Chemist (My background as a preacher's kid may force me to tell the officer that I don't have it on because I don't want to have it on. Maybe brutal honesty will get me some grace?)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I don't hafta do it. I live in a good state! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
265 Posts
any excuse i can! (and hopefully some of them will work too)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Editguy said:
I don't hafta do it. I live in a good state! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Alright alright . . . . now that you have rubbed it in ;) , can you tell us what excuse you would come up with to tell the off ic errrr . . . . :leaving:

·
Registered
292 Posts
deepdawg said:
Thats funny officer, it was there when I left your house this morning after servicing your wife. Now go back to catching real criminals and leave me alone!
OK lets start a poll on 1st Solstice impounded by the law. I vote Deepdawg's. :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
DreamerDave said:
While casually walking to the front of the car and pretending to be popping the hood (like the more mundane masses), I'll point and shout, "Hey, Isn't that the film crew from Cops?" When his back is turned, I'll quickly push that ugly snap on licence pate bracket into the grill and act like nothing has happened. Of course it'll be taken back off as soon as he leaves. :)

Can you think of another car that has a front licence plate that's so easy to put on and take off. Do you think it's just a coincidence or did GM find a way around this issue?
I think he will be entertain'g the thought of pulling his piece being that he didn't allow you to step out of the car.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I might try to appeal his/her humanity and say, "Seriously, if you owned this car, what would you do?" I think most cops would understand. It probably won't get me out of a ticket, but I might be able to avoid a lecture about it, and quietly receive my highway tax without drama.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts