Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new clutch and I was wondering if I should get another stock clutch or go for the Exedy stage 1. Anyone have experience with the Exedy stage 1 clutch?

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
I need to get a new clutch and I was wondering if I should get another stock clutch or go for the Exedy stage 1. Anyone have experience with the Exedy stage 1 clutch?
We have installed quite a few of them and they basically compare to the stock clutch with a little more holding power. The pedal feel is similar to stock with just a little heavier. Overall drivability is good with it.

Do you have any plans to go forced induction in the future? If so you might want to consider going with something a little stronger. If you are planning on staying NA or staying at 250-260hp or under the Exedy Stage 1 is a good choice.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
As long as we are talking about clutchs Dave, Whats the approx. power limits of the exedy stage II? how does it compare to you guys custom clutch?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I just got this clutch while in Asheville and I'm really liking it! Heavier than stock, but nothing anyone can't handle especially once it breaks in a little on day 2! :lol:

I've only driven the car a few times since I got back, so I'm looking forward to messing around on some back country roads in Illinois next weekend! :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't plan on getting FI, so I guess the Exedy stage 1 it is. Thanks for the help.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
As long as we are talking about clutchs Dave, Whats the approx. power limits of the exedy stage II? how does it compare to you guys custom clutch?
The Exedy Stage 2 has a much heavier pedal then stock, you still get used to it after some time, but when you drive a stock 2.4L after, the stock pedal will feel like there is no pressure. We have not had a Exedy stage 2 slip on street tires with low 300's at the wheels. Exedy does not rate their clutches for any particular power, but I am comfortable with it in the 300-350hp range with street tires on a street driven car.

Our clutch is noticeably lighter on the pedal then the Exedy Stage 2 yet will hold the same power, we have had it on cars up to around 370hp/425 torque and it holds very well. The lighter flywheel is nice for rev matching and the entire assembly is lighter then anything else we have weighed.

Hope that helps,
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts