Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just now getting around to replacing the exhaust camshaft actuator sylonoid, wow what a mouthful. The issue I'm having is I dont know how to unclasp the wire attached to it. I don't want to fiddle with it too much and wind up breaking it in any way though. Can anyone give me advise on replacing this? Thanks.

2.4 2008 Solstice

·
Registered
7,173 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, if getting that connector apart requires you to ask, this is definitely beyond your abilities.
AH I see another person commenting to make themselves feel a little better. Someone give this guy a hug!

·
Registered
834 Posts
AH I see another person commenting to make themselves feel a little better. Someone give this guy a hug!
You ask a question that denotes your lack of ability and experience to perform a repair. Someone does you the favor of helping you, and you give him a hard time.

You're a superstar:thumbs:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, y'all will be glad to know the project is finished now. Next time I don't know how to do something because I haven't done it before, I'll make sure not to do it. Hmmm, at one time I didn't know how to do an oil change, good thing I didn't take your advice and never attempt it...... And he made the smart remark for someone that was looking for help. The link was appreciated, not the remark.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The link was appreciated, not the remark.
Can't always have it your way. :chill:

You got the help didn't you? You didn't have to be a far greater douche in your reply to his help than he ever was in helping you.

I didn't know people always had to be gracious when helping others. One would think people being helped should be the gracious ones. I mean, at least for those of us that are civilized and social. Guess that doesn't include you. Sorry.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
What has happened to this forum.... no one but no one would make a comment like this 4-5 years ago on this forum, maybe other forums, but not on this one. Not healthy folks and it's so easy to spirt off with a keyboard.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
What, and not let you feel important? Thanks for the help all mighty Googler.
Wow! You ask for help and I give it, and then that's your puerile response. Nice.

I guess I'll be adding you to my blocked list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sorry, I did take my comments too far. I don't take snide remarks well. I should have been the mature one though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't understand why people get so easily butthurt over little s.hit. Grow thicker fuc.king skin and take the advice. "5 sec on Google" should not provoke you to write like a douche and 1/2. If your that inclined on being offended then get a Service manual, understood?

And for those always saying that these or other forums were never like they are now....get over it, its called moving with the times.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
OK, does everyone have it out of their souls/systems and we can return to our normal happy selves? :dunno:

Thanks in advance for being civil to each other as we move forward. :dthumbs:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: I've seen other posts on here about replacing it and not noticing a difference in performance, however, after driving it after fixing it, I notice its more responsive when I press the gas and it's shifting at better times. When the CEL was on, I didn't think it felt like there was a reduction in performance but I must have just been use to it, cause it's a bit better now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Update: I've seen other posts on here about replacing it and not noticing a difference in performance, however, after driving it after fixing it, I notice its more responsive when I press the gas and it's shifting at better times. When the CEL was on, I didn't think it felt like there was a reduction in performance but I must have just been use to it, cause it's a bit better now.
jareed17,

Did you go through with fixing it yourself or did you have the dealer do it? I'm having the same issues with the P0013 code. I'm thinking about going through and doing repair myself vice going to the stealership. Just thought I would get your thoughts on it since you had the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Hello everyone. Happy Monday.

TS is one of the small remaining members who gives an answer to every question. He deserves credit for doing so.

The search function on this forum sucks. Its a lot better to enter your search word or phrase and search the forum using an external search function. Most of us have learned to use "search phrase solstice forum" to find any useful information.

Since there are less than a handful of members who
-have been around long enough to know what information is available here from 2006
-actually still participate on a daily basis
-are willing to take the time to provide an answer

we tend to answer the same question multiple times. Part of the service is to help educate people asking the questions with the knowledge that using google search can and will yield good results most of the time, so it would be good if they learned to follow this path rather than continue to ask random questions.

We will provide answers to all who are asking them, but its a lot more efficient and user friendly if as part of that answer, we educate them on how to better find answers on their own.

There are more people on the forum who know the answers and no longer provide them than there are people offering answers. See Marlboroug Mike and many others.

Some times the advice is a bit terse but its meant to answer the question and educate.

·
Super Moderator
7,544 Posts
jsnchrry : ...... I'm having the same issues with the P0013 code. I'm thinking about going through and doing repair myself vice going to the stealership. Just thought I would get your thoughts on it since you had the same issue.
This is one of the easier repairs you can do. I recommend changing both solenoids, regardless of who does the work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did it myself. One I got the wire removed, it took about 3 minutes. I am also noticing better fuel economy. I was getting 18, which is a lot lower than others post. Now I'm getting 21, no change in driving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts