Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the DDMWorks longtube header and high flow cat, I ran into an issue with sound quality and "back pressure." I lost low end torque and the sound became extremely raspy at higher revs. I had my local muffler shop put a resonator on just after the cat, and viola! Sound went back to normal with my flowmaster 40 series muffler, but with the added power benefits and proper airflow to keep low end torque.

I'm still looking to change the muffler out for a different sound; perhaps a tad quieter still, but I'm happy for now. Overall, the resonator decreased sound volume by about 10%, but improved the sound quality by 100%. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a similar problem with I installed a Solo Cat, it was too raspy for my liking. I did the same thing, put in a glasspack resonator and it brought the tone down and made it more to my liking.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an update. The sound has matured nicely with the new resonator having broken in. It's actually quite perfect now. I'd like to add dual pipes at some point to help distribute the wonderful sound. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts