Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
OK Jeff you have gotten enough praise now get back to work making some new stuff for our cars! Like the very special secret project known only as the Lil Goat kit!

·
5,600 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had the pleasure of having the first street-race system installed in Nashville, and all I can say is WOW!!!! I really love this system. Jeff, Bob, Eric and Ray did a super job, and the performance and sound is more than I expected. What can we expect Solo to bring out next? Thanks Solo.
Rogobuck

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hi Rogobuck. Glad you're happy with the system. We are working on a few projects right now. All of them should be available within around 2-3 months. A GXP rear center dual kit that will have a noise level somewhere between the Mach and Street Race sound. It's the same muffler as the Mach but it's 3" shorter and therefore a bit noisier. We just received our first samples and will be prototyping and testing soon. Also we have our first factory sample pipe for a single exhaust for the N/A. This is a no droan single exhaust and you don't have to change the valence. We are also working on a 304 stainless steel header for the NA. Also we have our frustrating project of getting the engine light to stay off with our GXP cat. Shabby's car should be available soon to do some further tests. I took a look at a request from a forum member who will remain nameless and I think we will proceed with " the little goat kit." I just have to check with my supplier about a few things. We will keep you posted as these items come closer to the finished product stage. Thanks for the interest and support.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Congratulations to everyone who got new exhausts at Nat's!!

Jeff - Bob - Eric - Ray,

I have to share how awesome these guys are!! I bought a competitors exhaust and had it installed before SOLOs came available. On the way to Nat's I developed a bad vibration noise that was drivin my wife nuts!! So I decided to throw myself at their mercy and asked the SOLO guys if they would be kind enough to look at it.

Well, not only did they look, they FIXED it! And they adjusted the back end because it was misaligned too! And what did they charge me for this?? NOTHING! They wouldn't take a penny so I made a donation to their beer fund! :lol:

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!! You guys Rocked The House!!

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Same experience here! SOLO fixed brentil's exhaust pipe alignment and when 1KulSol had that awesome SQR1 w/center duals installed on his N/A, he generously gave me his Kappasphere which the guys installed on my car for free. I was completely blown away! Nobody would take my money so I was forced to leave a couple of calendars with them. :D (You guys are definately a class act!) Big, big thanks to Mike & SOLO!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
How Kul is that,theres a lot of nice Sol people around.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Jeff and his crew are the bomb. Seems like very few businesses these days understand the meaning of customer service. I had the good fortune to meet Jeff, Bob, and I believe it was (EDIT) Eric that actually worked on my car when we put in the SQR-2 and dyno tested the 304 stainless header prototype. These guys rock :yesnod:.

Jeff, any word on that header becoming available? Curious mind and all :lol: ...

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hi Revman. (Check your PM) Our redesigned version should be shipped to us within about 10 days. We're hoping the dyno results are better than the 4hp that the first design gave. A 6+ gain would be great. We're looking forward to ordering our first 50 units as soon as it's appropriate. A header pre-sale will hopefully be coming soon. Thanks!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
SOLO pictures

Hi Revman. (Check your PM) Our redesigned version should be shipped to us within about 10 days. We're hoping the dyno results are better than the 4hp that the first design gave. A 6+ gain would be great. We're looking forward to ordering our first 50 units as soon as it's appropriate. A header pre-sale will hopefully be coming soon. Thanks!!
some more pics

1KULSOL with the SQR1 and Norms valence

1KULSOL before the SQR1 was installed

this was the 1st install by SOLO

SOLO Goodies

More SOLO goodies

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi everyone,
I got a street race for my GXP in Nashville, really love it but the quiet retirement community where I live doesn't seem to appreciate it. Anyway if anyone has a Solo Mach for a GXP and would like to trade the lower ends of the exhaust for my two week old street race, please let me know.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey Mike that's 1kulsol - looking good! Jwally please check your PM. Once again thanks for all your support. It was lots of fun in Nashville.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Hi everyone,
I got a street race for my GXP in Nashville, really love it but the quiet retirement community where I live doesn't seem to appreciate it. Anyway if anyone has a Solo Mach for a GXP and would like to trade the lower ends of the exhaust for my two week old street race, please let me know.

I have had the street race for a while now and either I am getting used to it or it is "softening" a bit. It seems to be smoother and a little quieter as the ECM adjusts. Now the ECM is being reprogramed lets see what that does. Exhaust from a Can A Da and retune from a Can A Da do I see a pattern here. I am going to have to play Oh Canada every time I drive my car.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sol-Candy's Street Racer Report.......

It's funny to read the previous thread because I wanted to report that I also got the street racer installed at Nationals and at first I thought it was a little loud when starting the car cold but now the sound has leveled out and I am actually enjoying the *ell out of it....

Combine the Street Racer Exhaust with the GXP and you've got FUN.... I drove my friend down to Charleston this weekend and beside making her hold on for dear life...I think she enjoyed it. She said to me "You have FUN with this car"....she is a much more timid driver with her Honda 2000s..... but I showed her what a turbo can do for you..... No tickets...thank goodness because the highway was full of the SHP.....

Sol-Candy's Street Racer Report.......

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Hi guys and ladies. One other reason the system "softens" over time is because of the carbon build up on the inside of the pipes. This sooty layer acts like an insulator and deadens the noise some. Typically a system will get slightly quieter bit by bit for up to 3-4 months as the soot blankets the pipe and thickens. Like a fine wine it gets a little better with age. Lol. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying the system. Thanks!!

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks Goingsolo...this is my first time on youtube....awesome....thanks!!!

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
WOW! That was fun! Thanks for the videos. :thumbs:

61 - 80 of 88 Posts