Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I don't come here as much as I should and this may have been mentioned prior but it was on my mind and I wanted to see waht others thought. I don't like the exhaust comming out of the center. I guess I like the traditional one pipe comming out each side. That gives it balance and a muscle look. The GTO people have been hard on Pontiac about the pipes exiting out one side on the GTO and they are changing that to one out each side for 2005. So I hope Pontiac learns from that and applies it to the Solstice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the concept had the exhaust coming out the center. the production car will have one pipe exiting from the lower right rear of the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I personally think the rear of the car would have a more balanced look if they ran a dual pipe outlet. My 91 MR2 has two outlets (one on each side of the rear valance) from a single muffler. I think it is a much sportier, and balanced look.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
No center exit exhaust for Solstice. A dual setup (even fake) would look more balanced, but I don’t mind the single exit on the side. The rest of the car looks so good that people shouldn’t be staring at the exhaust anyway. :lol

The GTO people are upset because those have a true dual exhaust, and yet both pipes exit the same side of the car. That is messed up, and will be fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts