Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mine sounded deeper with just the magnaflow catback, then I added the header and cat :puke:

So I put in the resonator which didn't quiet it down but took away all raspiness. Which I was happy with. But it wasn't close to as deep as before.

So then I added the supercharger which deepened it up again but made it even louder.

I wonder what stage two will do :dunno:
Is the Stage II supercharger even released yet? I am waiting on my tune from Lyndon using HP Tuners so that is psyching me up. I like the ability to custom tune it so i am switching from the BSR. Can that BSR box be sold?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Is the Stage II supercharger even released yet? I am waiting on my tune from Lyndon using HP Tuners so that is psyching me up. I like the ability to custom tune it so i am switching from the BSR. Can that BSR box be sold?
It should be shipped sometime very soon. But mine won't be on until the end of march. Too much to do that weekend that I install it...

Diff fluid
Tranny Fluid
Rear Diff Bushing
Power Steering Flush
Stage II Install
Custom Painting under the hood and a few other things
Zaino the car
Install Springs on car
Install pillar pods (I cross my fingers that they'll be done)
Install wideband into Pillar
Install differential brace

Going to be one hell of a weekend...

The only thing I'm doing before then is powdercoating my rims. I can't get a hold of my powdercoater so maybe no though. :brentil:

I agree with the ability to tune factor. That's the only other thing I'm buying this year (unless the clutch goes) is hp tuner.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It should be shipped sometime very soon. But mine won't be on until the end of march. Too much to do that weekend that I install it...

Diff fluid
Tranny Fluid
Rear Diff Bushing
Power Steering Flush
Stage II Install
Custom Painting under the hood and a few other things
Zaino the car
Install Springs on car
Install pillar pods (I cross my fingers that they'll be done)
Install wideband into Pillar
Install differential brace

Going to be one hell of a weekend...

The only thing I'm doing before then is powdercoating my rims. I can't get a hold of my powdercoater so maybe no though. :brentil:
What is the differential brace? You might want to pm me so this thread stays on topic...lol. Also, what r u painting under the hood?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
What is the differential brace? You might want to pm me so this thread stays on topic...lol. Also, what r u painting under the hood?
NOOOO! Off topic or not, inquiring minds want to know! What is this magical mysterious differential brace of which you speak, sir? :)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
NOOOO! Off topic or not, inquiring minds want to know! What is this magical mysterious differential brace of which you speak, sir? :)
:lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

I should probably wait for our vendor to release more info. They will release more info as soon as it's ready for sale.

It is for suspension purposes to prevent rear flex, not really to fix any diff problems.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
The Moderators should make this thread a sticky. Obviously a lot of work went into the original post and others will find this resource valuable for years to come. :yesnod:

GREAT JOB SPIKY! :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Moderators should make this thread a sticky. Obviously a lot of work went into the original post and others will find this resource valuable for years to come. :yesnod:

Yes great idea...MODS CAN YOU STICKY THIS THREAD PLEASE:)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Once again Spiky, you did a great job with this and people will really appreciate it for years to come!! :D

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If you want to add direct links for the 7 I collected, here they are.

stock 2.4 with CAI
Stock exhaust with CAI

2.4 with magnaflow dual
Magnaflow dual

2.4 with kappasphere
kappasphere

2.4 with flowmaster 40
Flowmaster 40

2.4 with dual outlet hushpower and glasspacks
flowmaster hushpower

GXP with magnaflow catback
gxp with magnaflow catback

2.4 with Solo SQR
Solo Performance SQR
Thanks buddy...I added those links earlier this week...the link goes right to the page with all 7 on it!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I don't think that it can be sold, because I thought it was basically married to the vin. I heard that other handheld tuners can be used on other cars, as long as the tuned car was set back to the original tune. I'd probably double check with Hahn though.

Here's mine, it's the Performance Autowerks 3" on the GXP.

100_1045.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I don't think that it can be sold, because I thought it was basically married to the vin. I heard that other handheld tuners can be used on other cars, as long as the tuned car was set back to the original tune. I'd probably double check with Hahn though.

Here's mine, it's the Performance Autowerks 3" on the GXP.

100_1045.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Added to the list! Thanks...even gave you props! LOL

I gotta see if I can sell that BSR tuner.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I've been pretty sick lately but I've got some audio projects involving my GXP and exhaust sampling to get back to soon hopefully. Going to try to do some quality recordings of the SOLO Street/Race and then some of it in 2 different configurations plus a stock car and maybe the SOLO Race too.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I've been pretty sick lately but I've got some audio projects involving my GXP and exhaust sampling to get back to soon hopefully. Going to try to do some quality recordings of the SOLO Street/Race and then some of it in 2 different configurations plus a stock car and maybe the SOLO Race too.
Awesome...as soon as you get them, I will add them for you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anybody found the one of the yellow Sol reving with the comment that it's a SQR-2 after breakin?

21 - 40 of 73 Posts