Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
wow the civic with nos was amazing ahaha
Is that not the funnist video? LOL I had to add it...a few on the LI crew sent me that one and insisted that I add it:)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does any one have a video of a N/A with a SOLO 2.4 MACH with Resonator, cat and header. Then one with the same setup with a CAI. Thanks I want to decide which way to go.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
As you can see, these are both on the same stretch of road and approximately the same time in the morning cuz I take these vids on the way to work :)

(Watch in Hi-Def ;))
First Video - 08 GXP, Dejon IC/Intake/Spring, Westers Tune, STOCK EXHAUST & STOCK CAT.

Redline to 1st, 2nd, and almost to 3rd.

Second Video - 08 GXP, Dejon IC/Intake/Spring, Westers Tune, SOLO PERFORMANCE STREET RACE EXHAUST & STOCK CAT.

Not driving nearly as hard as the first video.

Also, first start up of the Solo Performance Street Race Exhaust. My gf started reving my cold engine but later on you can hear how the exhaust quiets down a bit to a nice rumble :D

Any request for a sound clip?? I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i love the exhaust deep!:thumbs:..love the rumble and pop! when you take off quick....:devil:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Which has the lowest rumble?

I have an 2006 N/A with the GM CAI-- bought the car used a few weeks ago. I was impressed with how different (and better!) the CAI sounded than totally stock but the clips in this thread really don't do it justice. You can hear a lot more whine and rattle than when you hear the car in person.

That said, I assume lots of the clips of the various exhausts are tinnier than the real thing.

So which exhaust do you guys think is the deepest and rumbliest? Judging by the clips, the Solo Performance Street Race Exhaust sounds the most like a V8 GTO-sound I'm after... is this the case? Also how much does the performance vary? I have to admit most of my time is spent at 22mph on LA side streets but I'd still like to know.

Thanks for your help!

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Hi Ignaro. Thanks for your interest in our products. For the 2.4 N/A the SQR-2 has the best sound. The Street Race that you mentioned is only for the GXP and would sound very bad on the 2.4. The SQR-2 is a rear center exhaust with an absolutely intoxicating exhaust note. It literally takes the 4 cyl 2.4 and makes it sound like a big 6cyl or a small 8 cyl. It's smoooooth and deep with no drone or bad RPM ranges. Our experience with other 4 cyl cars is that if you get it to sound remotely like an 8cyl it will have one or two bad RPM ranges. No so with the SQR-2. It sounds fantastic all thru the spectrum. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If you want to add direct links for the 7 I collected, here they are.

stock 2.4 with CAI
Stock exhaust with CAI

2.4 with magnaflow dual
Magnaflow dual

2.4 with kappasphere
kappasphere

2.4 with flowmaster 40
Flowmaster 40

2.4 with dual outlet hushpower and glasspacks
flowmaster hushpower

GXP with magnaflow catback
gxp with magnaflow catback

2.4 with Solo SQR
Solo Performance SQR
where can i pick up that 2.4 with dual hushpower and glasspack at :thumbs:???? and how much? in the market for a new exhaust but dont wanna spend to much under $500 would be in my range.:yesnod:

41 - 60 of 73 Posts