Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a way to get a little bit of sound from the exhaust. Car is completely stock and i want it to be a little louder. i know you can put oin a cat back but im worried about getting annoyed with that. is there anything else maybe a cat or muffler that makes a little more noise
thanks

btw already did a search on the forum

:lurk:

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
CAT back is the usual way - you can pick up discounted Magnaflow etc. sometimes. SOLO alos make a nice range of mufflers and if you ask them they might have one that goes in place of the main muffler. As for being too noisy, you won't know until you try it.

Frankly, the best option would probably be to just buy a Solo Mach replacement. Sounds nice and mellow and I doubt it would ever annoy you. I have that plus the high flow CAT, which itself accounts for a fair bit of additional exhaust volume and I am fine with it. If you had the Mach after a stock CAT I doubt you'd have any complaints.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is your sol a GXP or base? A common thing for base model owners is to put the exhaust or at least the muffler from a GXP on their cars. A dual outlet valence panel is required for this swap but most people think the dual outlets look better.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I am pleased with my Shorty header, high flow cat, and Solo exhaust with the "tamer" muffler. Sweet off-throttle burble and when you're driving it like you're serious, it is just loud enough to enjoy. And great customer service from Solo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Gxp. I also like the gargle sound when decelerating. If anyone has experience with this

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have the Gxp. I also like the gargle sound when decelerating. If anyone has experience with this
My Solo Street Race gurgles really good.:cool:

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Mine used to sound really good....then the dealer cut my old cat off....and replaced it. Now it just sounds okay. Mine would snap, crackle and pop like it meant business.....now it just sounds like it's a little aggressive... :( I have the Solo Street Race....no muffler. I would recommend the shorty with a HFC....

20120930_115742.mp4 - YouTube

See how it used to sound???

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed the SOLO Street Race yesterday and drove around all night, I will say I thought it was going to be a lot louder but I am very pleased with the sound. It isn't nearly as loud as the videos make it out to be. It has a very nice note and is almost silent at idle. Like the SOLO site says the first start up was the loudest after that very nice. On the freeway it is pretty nice also, even with the top up and windows up minimal sound in the cabin. I am very pleased and wouldn't want it any quieter.

Also "The Ghost" pretty sure I saw you ripping around woodward last night, if you ever see me parked at that old gas station just north of 15mile swing in wouldn't mind checking your car out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts