Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Other parts

Hi, I don't intend to hijack this thread or anything, but I have a few parts for sale which NGKTECH has already sold, so if anyone is looking for some stuff that he doesn't have anymore then check if I have it on another thread. Btw your build is going to be extremely unique and I'm intrigued to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hey guys just wanted to post some update pics from back in JAN. We only spent about 4 hours but were able to get the entire interior out including the HVAC stuff.

Body wise, we just need to finish getting off those bonded quarter panels, that adhesive is incredibly strong. I think next step is to try a heat gun to see if that will help us. Hopefully we will have some more time this coming weekend to do some more work on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
More pictures from that day!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
And more pics from the day

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
We spent a few hours last night on the project and we were able to get the door bars bent and tacked in, finished bending and tacking the rear bumper bars, and mostly finished the front bumper but my drill broke keeping us from being able to notch the rest of the smaller pieces of pipe. Cant seem to upload any new pics so please check the deathkart FB page for pics

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Checked the FB page out. I don't know which would be more fun, building one or driving one?!?

Looks fantastic! Thanks for keeping us updated~

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just curious NGKTECH when its ready for the road do you have to re plate it or go through an inspection.
As far as Michigan is concerned it's still the same Solstice with the same VIN so no.

And we don't have any sort of annual emissions or road-worthiness checks here either so as long as you keep the lights in working order you're pretty much good to go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hey guys, I have had some PMs on the status of the car. I dont really post here because I cant get pictures to work for some reason, so everything is updated through the Facebook page for the car which is here: https://www.facebook.com/DETHKRT/

Latest update is car is fully street legal and running and titled. Still waiting for the state of MI to send my custom plate in the mail, with any luck it'll be here tomorrow before the Woodward Dream Cruise on Saturday.

Today I just have to finish installing the new 3 bar map sensors and harnesses, and then I can upload the new tune. Right now the car is running a GM stage 1 tune except it has the stock MAP sensors. We are also having some issues with smoke out the exhaust which I think is from a bad PCV in the intake manifold. I'll try replacing that in the next couple weeks.

We also picked up some used Enkei 18x8.5 wheels and new 245/45/18 tires, so those need to get out together tomorrow and bolted on, on Friday. The stock chrome 18s and tires will be up for sale soon. The stock rims have some pitting and the tires are pretty well used up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just checking in guys, still having loads of fun taking this thing to the local cruises and car shows. Only one or two left, then we will begin searching for an aluminum 5.3l L33 or LQ4 V8 and start pulling the LNF to get ready for the swap.

Planning to get the adapter to use the stock transmission, LS7 clutch, and just throw a nice cam into the 5.3 and maybe a holly hi ram if we can find a good deal :)

41 - 54 of 54 Posts