Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through the Gallery and did not see any pictures of the Solstice with the Top Down and Windows Up.

Maybe I missed the pics?

Anyway, can someone direct me to any existing pics or how about someone providing a few shots of their car?

·
Registered
202 Posts
top down windows up

don't yell at me if this is in the wrong place remember i am an old lady and computer illerate. went down put windows up and put top down not too sure about putting top back up because you are to pull it up from the side and get your fingers crunched. but you can ride top down windows up. while i'm here thout i might weigh in on the article about mazda-had a 2000 special edition with hard top and soft top. i was never able to just reach back and pull the top up 1. had the cover on to keep from bleaching inside of top and 2.you would need arms like a gorilla. i do miss the storage space on the door behind the seats and center console, but i dont't miss the 2 clamps. i love my solstice and found if you fasten the buttresses first the top is easier to fasten in the front. i realize it is only 4 cylinders but it sure has a nice sound.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hmm I will have to try that order to see if I like it oldlady!

I normally leave the key in the on position and then pull the top up. Once it is latched, I then close the windows and continue by closing the trunk and then doing the butresses.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
stang said:
Convertibles with the top down and windows up:
I'll let the Smiles talk for me.

:cuss: :cryin: :lol: :brentil: :banghead: :skep: :mad: :confused: :nonod:
Did it all the time during cold weather in the MGB and now with the Miata. Also during lite rain or if I need to talk on the cell. Maybe even after 4-5 hours at highway speed to give the ears a rest.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The Stig said:
A little photoslop work... ;)

Hey Stig, can you do this to a picture of the car with the roof up. That's when the tinted windows will look good, especially on a Pure (white) car.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
There are state by state limits on how much % tint you can have on side windows. Be careful before you have it done.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Bonzo said:
Hey Stig, can you do this to a picture of the car with the roof up. That's when the tinted windows will look good, especially on a Pure (white) car.
I would, but I can't seem to find any photos of the car with the top up and windows up at the same time. If you have any photos attach them and I will add the tint to it.
sorry.

Neil

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The Stig said:
I would, but I can't seem to find any photos of the car with the top up and windows up at the same time. If you have any photos attach them and I will add the tint to it.
sorry.

Neil
Sorry, I don't have picture attaching status on this forum. Go to the Gallery, like under Ride & Drives and things farther down. You should be able to finds a few there, if you can use them in photoshop.

·
Registered
100 Posts
stang said:
Convertibles with the top down and windows up:
I'll let the Smiles talk for me.

:cuss: :cryin: :lol: :brentil: :banghead: :skep: :mad: :confused: :nonod:
Stang,
I'm with you. Put the damn windows DOWN.

Steak :agree:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts