Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hopefully after a patient wait I’ll be getting our new baby soon. Only had one new car and sold it after 3 years for the Sol, any advice on the extended warrantee? :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Consumer Reports says extended warrantees are negotiable...anyone beat the deal above?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
As long as you buy it before you current warranty runs out you can always get it later.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I went with the GM extended warranty for 24,000/60months for $1240
with $100 deductible when I got mine.
I felt that getting the GM deal would take the hassle and headache out of dealing with a third party insurance company that might have saved me a few $$$.
I don't know where, when, or if I will ever need to use it, but at least the problem of who will fix the hypothetical failure will be a Pontiac or other GM
dealer.
Hope that helps!
240 Deep with everything including dealer installed tonneau. Must have that
from dealer in case something was messed up.
Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
brentil said:
As long as you buy it before you current warranty runs out you can always get it later.
for the best deal you should buy the extended warranty before you reach 12 months or 12K miles..then the prices start to rise dramatically...shop around for prices....any GM dealer can sell the extended warranty......

·
Registered
369 Posts
Make sure your extended warranty goes into affect after GM's 3yr warranty. I have had them sell me one and it ran with the 3yr warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts