1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Wow. That is just about as good as the deal I got. There must be catch?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
This should go FAST. Unless as NS says there's a catch (Divorce?). But even if it's salvage it still seems like a good deal.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Wow. That is just about as good as the deal I got. There must be catch?
I just ran it through KBB.com, and that is where KBB pegs it between good and very good condition, using the Montana zip code, with all the options.

Perhaps a not otherwise knowledgeable seller?

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
[QUOTE=DaveOC

:dunno

:agree: That was my thought when I read the ad the guy could have bought it as a driver and now just wants to get rid of it . I've got a subscription to Hemmings and follow Solstice sales on Ebay ,Craigslist and other sites most of the time the cars that are listed are pretty close to what we would consider a " good " price but I've also seen some for what I would consider stupid money ie: a coupe for 42 grand . Maybe not much of a market for a Solstice in Montana ? bottom line is unless it's a salvage title or totally trashed it's a hell of a deal .

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
DaveOC said:

:dunno:
:agree: That was my thought when I read the ad the guy could have bought it as a driver and now just wants to get rid of it . I've got a subscription to Hemmings and follow Solstice sales on Ebay ,Craigslist and other sites most of the time the cars that are listed are pretty close to what we would consider a " good " price but I've also seen some for what I would consider stupid money ie: a coupe for 42 grand . Maybe not much of a market for a Solstice in Montana ? bottom line is unless it's a salvage title or totally trashed it's a hell of a deal .
Funny, but I ran it through KBB.com as though it was in my zip code here in SE Wisconsin, and it was about $500 cheaper. KBB has always been low on Solstices and Skys, but what he's asking is inline with their numbers.

Somebody's going to get a good deal on this car, unless it's been trashed. I'd be wary.

:(

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ran a Carfax as I still had a couple VIN runs left after I found my coupe 2 months ago. I know Carfax isn't the end all be all but it's clean according to carfax. Seems the owner moved a lot or possibly Carfax is eroneous and it has had a few owners.. Originally in New York, then Idaho, then Montana. Pretty regular maintenance until the last 2 years. Not really anything reported to carfax in last 2 years other than registration renewals.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So me being the concerned individual and "retired" car salesman that I am, I contacted the guy. It's legit. I'll post his response in a little bit....as soon as I get on my laptop and off my iPad....

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sent an email inquiring about the price and telling him that it might be a 'tad' low. Here is his response....

I appreciate your concern.

The Solstice Coupe was built to my special order and delivered on May 15, 2009 to: Otto Cadillac /Pontiac in Albany, NY were I lived at the time. The Cadillac Dealer prep included an invoiced clear coat at extra cost. It was originally Titled and registered in New York State . The car was always garaged and never driven from mid October to mid March, maintenance was by Otto Cadillac dealership until I moved in Spring 2013. I drove east to west across the country Spring 2013. and toured Yellowstone National Park and several scenic All America roads including the Bear-Tooth Highway. The car was never in an accident. It is in Very Good condition. That condition takes into consideration tire wear for the miles driven and minor repairable paint blemishes. The Battery is new. Tires and brakes are original and within limits for legal use. All GM updates have been Dealer Service Performed including Ignition Key Switch, Headliner and software.

My primary vehicle is now a Jeep the Solstice has not been driven in a year. It is titled and registered in Montana where there the vehicle is taxed annually by MT DMV when registration is renewed. My Solstice Coupe at the current Wholesale price which was $6,045 on May 17, 2016.

The Auto Dealers here are marketing used autos in mass mailings highlighting KBB values discounted $2,500.

I hope Hemmings publication will provide a better opportunity for sale.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I sent an email inquiring about the price and telling him that it might be a 'tad' low. Here is his response....

I appreciate your concern.

The Solstice Coupe was built to my special order and delivered on May 15, 2009 to: Otto Cadillac /Pontiac in Albany, NY were I lived at the time. The Cadillac Dealer prep included an invoiced clear coat at extra cost. It was originally Titled and registered in New York State . The car was always garaged and never driven from mid October to mid March, maintenance was by Otto Cadillac dealership until I moved in Spring 2013. I drove east to west across the country Spring 2013. and toured Yellowstone National Park and several scenic All America roads including the Bear-Tooth Highway. The car was never in an accident. It is in Very Good condition. That condition takes into consideration tire wear for the miles driven and minor repairable paint blemishes. The Battery is new. Tires and brakes are original and within limits for legal use. All GM updates have been Dealer Service Performed including Ignition Key Switch, Headliner and software.

My primary vehicle is now a Jeep the Solstice has not been driven in a year. It is titled and registered in Montana where there the vehicle is taxed annually by MT DMV when registration is renewed. My Solstice Coupe at the current Wholesale price which was $6,045 on May 17, 2016.

The Auto Dealers here are marketing used autos in mass mailings highlighting KBB values discounted $2,500.

I hope Hemmings publication will provide a better opportunity for sale.
Is that a canned response? It sounds like he didn't even bother reading what you sent him.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
How did you get vin number to check car fax? Looks like he sold it. Someone got a great deal!! I guess if sellers listen to KBB they might sell at rediculous price they list.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
It's reality folks from what I'm reading into this he is basing the selling price on the trade in value of the car and the fact that he is paying a yearly tax on a vehicle he does not drive . Add in the fact that he is in Montana where the vehicle of choice is some 4 wheel drive thing so the demand for a car like this is probably pretty limited .

·
Registered
32 Posts
How did you get vin number to check car fax? Looks like he sold it. Someone got a great deal!! I guess if sellers listen to KBB they might sell at rediculous price they list.
The original posting on Hemmings had the VIN. It was 1G2MB25B69Y000184. Looks like once the posting ended that information no longer shows on the site. And yeah, someone got a great deal, would have been an even better deal if it was a GXP.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I did see in posts here what the vin # is. I posted it on the coupe registry. Now I hope the new lucky owner contacts me with there name and new location.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
You all should get real, this is a Solstice Forum so of course pretty much everyone thinks the coupes are some how made of gold.
Is now a 7 year old car no longer manufacturer and as far as the industry is concerned is just another use car.
The reason the prices in some markets are higher is in part to this forum, and people know it.
The same thing goes with V8 conversions here, but at least the market understand what it is and the reason that most sales
always land in 20 thousand price range.
The original owners lost a bundle, but at least I think most of them knew that, it is what they wanted to do with their money.
What I find interesting is that some of the forum members think these V8 cars are the holy grail.
Yes, they are great to look at, and a great topic of conversation at shows, but do not kid yourself, it is not as good as a C7 Z51, let alone the new C7 grand sport.
By the way before you throw stones my way, just a reminder I own both. I also know of another member who also owns both.
He also knows the differences between them.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmmm....maybe it wasn't a legit deal!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts