Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend called me from Orlando. (I live 3.5 hours SW) He was driving behind a black Solstice. He called me all excited, knowing that was the color I ordered. He was a non-believer. He thought the Sol was a "nice looking car" before, but he was SOLD AS HELL on the phone with me. "Dude! This thing looks like the bat mobile er somethin'! It's friggin AWESOME! When you you get YOURS?!?!"

Wish I knew.

Can someone in CENTRAL to SOUTH florida who has their Solstice already get a hold of me?? I'll make the trip to come see it in person. I'll take you to lunch 'er somethin.

Please, please. Get a hold of me! Thanks so much in advance.

[email protected]

::devious

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
My dealer in Longwood just called to say thery will have a black Solstice that will be there for at least Fri maybe Sat. It is not for sale. Just one that is here for the ride and drive next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RIDE AND DRIVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??

Can anyone go? And if so, WHERE IS IT??? lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
There is a preproduction black SOL Vin#100520 making the rounds around Florida. By the way it may look like a production model since the GM emblem was moved to match the production SOL, but it is a preproduction model.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Devious...where are ya in SW Fla?? I am in Port Charlotte and still waiting for an Aggressive....ordered 4/15.....first allocation, second in line.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
LatinVenom said:
There is a preproduction black SOL Vin#100520 making the rounds around Florida. By the way it may look like a production model since the GM emblem was moved to match the production SOL, but it is a preproduction model.
LV is correct! It is a pre-production car brought up to production spec for display at dealerships, etc.

Currently my dealer has #100507 in WHITE. I am gonna go for pics momentarily because there aren't that many pictures here of white and I know people are looking for them. It looks really good even in white, I think!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i'm in Miami and no sign of my f1k sol any where (vin 330). My dealer told me it should be here any day...that was two weeks ago. Yesterday he said it was either getting on a truck or train in Ohio and should be here within 5 days. their killin my weekends!

·
Registered
337 Posts
LatinVenom said:
GM sales rep's are making their rounds in Texas - they are driving Solstices going from dealer to dealer.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
My dealership is in Orlando. They got one EOP car before mine. They were supposed to call me so I could come see it when it arrived. However I'm betting they forgot, just like they keep 'forgetting' to look up my information.

So this might be their EOP car depending on what part of Orlando he was in. I have a Black Solstice coming too, but it's not supposed to arrive till Oct though.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
devious said:
A friend called me from Orlando. (I live 3.5 hours SW) He was driving behind a black Solstice. He called me all excited, knowing that was the color I ordered. He was a non-believer. He thought the Sol was a "nice looking car" before, but he was SOLD AS HELL on the phone with me. "Dude! This thing looks like the bat mobile er somethin'! It's friggin AWESOME! When you you get YOURS?!?!"

Ha! I've got almost the same story!

I got a voicemail from my buddy and he was freaking out on the phone. "Man, you'll never guess what i'm driving behind! It's a green Solstice! This thing is SEXY! I never knew it looked this good! When do you get yours!"

It was pretty funny. People think it's a nice car, but not until they see it in person do they see it's real beauty. That's why I think it gets so many stares, people just can't believe it looks as good as it does!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
graybird said:
Hey Devious...where are ya in SW Fla?? I am in Port Charlotte and still waiting for an Aggressive....ordered 4/15.....first allocation, second in line.
Im in Fort Myers. When you get yours, CALL ME! lol 239.839.8088 (c) 239.768.9000 (o)

I called the Naples Pontiac dealer and they said a white one WAS THERE! One of the higher ups was toolin' around in it. I woulda loved to have driven down to see it, but I was headed to a meeting. Damn responsibilities.....

Seriously, Port Charlotte, call me when you get yours. You're WAY better off than me. I was one of the last in Ft. Myers to order theirs. <sigh>

·
Registered
369 Posts
My dealer in Illinois has a sly in his show room. It will be taken to another dealer next week. Like everyone says it looks awsome in person. Pictures doesn't do it any justice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
dori-san said:
LV is correct! It is a pre-production car brought up to production spec for display at dealerships, etc.

Currently my dealer has #100507 in WHITE. I am gonna go for pics momentarily because there aren't that many pictures here of white and I know people are looking for them. It looks really good even in white, I think!
So I went and saw it tonight. Took my mom, she is impressed. You really should upload those pics though becuase tonight the dealership was packed with people for some Chamber of Commerce thing and I felt rushed. (though it was awesome sitting in one. I just can't wait until mine is here.)

Edited for secrecy!!!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Courtesy Pontiac in Longwood FL, just north of Orlando, has a Black Solstice on the floor for people to stop in and see. You can sit in it, put up the top see the trunk and engin etc. It had the two tone leather interior and is SSSSSOOOOO BEAUTIFUL way past my expectations. It is not owned by any one just there to be shown. It will be at the dealer through Sunday. Just in case anyone wants to stop by----It is worth the trip if you have not seen or sat in one yet. I did not want to leave--- :) :) :) :) :) :willy: :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
McNamara Pontiac in Orlando has a red Solstice you can sit in and play with. Pre-production version, VIN 10570. They'll only have it till Sunday sometime.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
You know, a lot of FL dealers are getting pre-production cars at the exact same time. Wonder if we're getting some sort of treatment or something for beiing a 24/7/365 Roadster segment. I don't remember reading northern/western dealers getting this many test cars to show at the same time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
brentil said:
McNamara Pontiac in Orlando has a red Solstice you can sit in and play with. Pre-production version, VIN 10570. They'll only have it till Sunday sometime.

Thanks brentil, I just checked out the car. First time seeing a Solstice in person, wow!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ride and drive

brentil said:
You know, a lot of FL dealers are getting pre-production cars at the exact same time. Wonder if we're getting some sort of treatment or something for beiing a 24/7/365 Roadster segment. I don't remember reading northern/western dealers getting this many test cars to show at the same time.
I'm guessing they will have to take them to Orlando for the week-end show. Makes sense to show them around rather than let them sit at Mickey's Place.

·
Registered
55 Posts
At around 9PM, I was driving down Dale Mabry in Tampa heading just north of Raymond James Stadium (USF playing Louisville tonight) when I looked to my left and saw a Pontiac Dealership. It was across 6 lanes of traffic, and it was dark, but under the shadow of the street lights, I could have sworn I saw what appeared to be a mysterious Solstice parked on an incline rack. It may have been something else, but it was definitely a 2 seater convertible. I couldn't stop and as I went by it was too late to cross over. I am planning on going there tomorrow morning to see if it was indeed a SOL. Will let you know if it is indeed a SOLSTICE.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts