Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I mentioned earlier today. The Mean Machine is now my wife’s. I will have some rare and unique Solstice items for sale that she does not want. First up is the most expensive wind deflector ever made for our rides. This comes from a company in Germany that specializes in OPEL GT stuff. They did offer a GXP version which I had to have. Cost close to $400.00. This is made and designed to fit into the slots that are drilled into the tulip panel to fit the OEM GM Wind Deflector. She snaps right into the slots and it can stay installed with the roof up. She is a beauty in mint shape with no scratches. Part of why she is immaculate is Skersfan ( god bless him and RIP) was good enough to get a hot rod interior guy to custom make a storage case for it. That was $125.00. All in I am around $500 invested into this. Therefore she is the most expensive Solstice GXP Wind Deflector known to man.
The kicker is the wife likes the GM OEM Flyswatter that I have so I am putting this up for sale. $300.00 US including custom case plus shipping. I will guesstimate that shipping will be in the $75 to $100 range. Will get exact cost if someone wants to proceed. PM me if you are interested.
This link gives you the background on it.
My new wind deflector
NS
PS Tonneau cover will be for sale also. Great shape with all hardware except the snaps that you drill into the body. Will post soon on this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
As I mentioned earlier today. The Mean Machine is now my wife’s. I will have some rare and unique Solstice items for sale that she does not want. First up is the most expensive wind deflector ever made for our rides. This comes from a company in Germany that specializes in OPEL GT stuff. They did offer a GXP version which I had to have. Cost close to $400.00. This is made and designed to fit into the slots that are drilled into the tulip panel to fit the OEM GM Wind Deflector. She snaps right into the slots and it can stay installed with the roof up. She is a beauty in mint shape with no scratches. Part of why she is immaculate is Skersfan ( god bless him and RIP) was good enough to get a hot rod interior guy to custom make a storage case for it. That was $125.00. All in I am around $500 invested into this. Therefore she is the most expensive Solstice GXP Wind Deflector known to man.
The kicker is the wife likes the GM OEM Flyswatter that I have so I am putting this up for sale. $300.00 US including custom case plus shipping. I will guesstimate that shipping will be in the $75 to $100 range. Will get exact cost if someone wants to proceed. PM me if you are interested.
This link gives you the background on it.
My new wind deflector
NS
PS Tonneau cover will be for sale also. Great shape with all hardware except the snaps that you drill into the body. Will post soon on this.
Where does one acquire the "female" grommets this snaps into?
I would paypal you now, with the only exception being.. how do I mount it wqithout those grommets...?

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The grommets for the Wind Deflector came with the original GM Wind Deflector. If you do not have the original that we call the “Flyswatter” then this won’t work for you. Here is a pic of the ”Flyswatter“ on my Sol …..I mean the wife’s Sol. If you have or had one of these then you have holes that this slides and locks into. If not. No go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Yes. Was googling about the “rosettes” for the own flyswatter.
unobtanium unless you buy the whole thing.
Sad but.. good luck on the sale!

·
Registered
68 Posts
How does she feel about that horrible luggage rack?

If she hates it as much as I expect... I’ll take one for the team, help you out in this terrible bind and force myself to take it off your hands.

I know, I know... selfless act. Not all heroes wear capes!

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does she feel about that horrible luggage rack?

If she hates it as much as I expect... I’ll take one for the team, help you out in this terrible bind and force myself to take it off your hands.

I know, I know... selfless act. Not all heroes wear capes!
You are a fine human. Sadly for you she loves the luggage rack!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
Yes. Was googling about the “rosettes” for the own flyswatter.
unobtanium unless you buy the whole thing.
Sad but.. good luck on the sale!
Those parts could probably be made fairly easily by having a machinist turn them out of aluminum bar.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Those parts could probably be made fairly easily by having a machinist turn them out of aluminum bar.
True that John.
Of course one would need a set of those parts to reference to have them custom made, which gets me back to square one :(

All good, it really is the best looking deflector i have seen by a long shot and I see why Norther Sol got it, but not worth (to me) the $400 + another $200-ish for a stock flyswatter setup that i am only buying for the rosettes..

I am sure there are plenty of folk out there that have the rosettes installed and would like this.

I will just have to live vicariously through others here on this one :)

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
True that John.
Of course one would need a set of those parts to reference to have them custom made, which gets me back to square one :(
That would depend on whether you want to make them functional or are trying to make an exact copy, and an exact copy is not needed..
With the deflector in hand you would know the proper ID to fit the shafts, and from a picture you could get the appropriate shape.
The exact outside dimensions would not be needed, since you are going to be cutting your own holes in the tulip panel, and they just have to match what you make.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Well I plead ignorance on this one as the only examples I have are the parts diagrams online.
It does look like there is some “above the tulip” and “below the tulip” parts and without getting my eyes and hands on them I would be uncomfortable going for it.
That being said your point is valid. One could absolutely custom fabricate a solution. Probably much nicer looking than OEM.

I am just not that guy. Happy to flounder about with painting and or modifying relatively simple parts to replace but the tulip has me a little “afeared” as far as messing with it.
:)

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And the most expensive Pontiac Solstice GXP Wind Deflector in the history of the world remains for sale. :ROFLMAO:(y):ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PM sent

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SOLD!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I was a true Sol collector. Everything I have put up for sale is top quality. I have only offered my items for sale here on Solstice Forum as this was home. Most of what I am selling is impossible to find now. I would like everything to continue to circulate within this fine community. EBay will be the final resort in a week or so if I have anything left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
True that John.

All good, it really is the best looking deflector i have seen by a long shot and I see why Norther Sol got it, but not worth (to me) the $400 + another $200-ish for a stock flyswatter setup that i am only buying for the rosettes..

I am sure there are plenty of folk out there that have the rosettes installed and would like this.

I will just have to live vicariously through others here on this one :)
I have the same wind deflector. It is really nice looking. I first bought the wrong unit from the German company (Opel GT Cabrio Shop - Fix mounted wind deflector clear with OUTLINE "GT" logo (opel-gt-windschott.de) ): It is the fixed mount-type, and it has the Opel GT logo (they made a mistake and sent that). I will sell this for $150 plus shipping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts