Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not mine.

Currently on Ebay

Pontiac Solstice Saturn Sky 2 4 Ddmworks Intercooled MP62 Turbo Supercharger | eBay Ebay asking price $1,999.00.

Sellers Ad:
for sale is a beautiful intercooled STAGE 3 DDMWORKS 4th gen Magnuson MP62 330hp supercharger for the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky with 2.4 L naturally aspirated engine with only light street duty and in prestine condition.pretty much complete except for injectors and a tune.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Just an FYI, that is not a Stage 3 setup, and it is also missing the intercooler shrouding along with the injectors, map sensor and obviously going to need a tune also.

Not mine.

Currently on Ebay

Pontiac Solstice Saturn Sky 2 4 Ddmworks Intercooled MP62 Turbo Supercharger | eBay Ebay asking price $1,999.00.

Sellers Ad:
for sale is a beautiful intercooled STAGE 3 DDMWORKS 4th gen Magnuson MP62 330hp supercharger for the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky with 2.4 L naturally aspirated engine with only light street duty and in prestine condition.pretty much complete except for injectors and a tune.

·
Registered
410 Posts
How much would the cost of those additional items be on their own? The seller is apparently local to me, and if it seems right I might take up this offer.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
How much would the cost of those additional items be on their own? The seller is apparently local to me, and if it seems right I might take up this offer.
This is what I can tell that the kit is missing from the pictures -

Set of 42# injectors
2 bar MAP sensor
5060620 Belt
Intercooler main shroud
Intake Shroud
Side plates for shrouding (4 pieces)
Front Crank pulley
Crank overlay pulley (and hardware)
Air filter - RU-1480
New idler pulley
It might be missing one of the supercharger brackets as I can not see one in the pictures.

I do not have an exact total, but a quick estimate would be around $1300 for all of the missing pieces from us without the tune. There are a couple options for tuning. It is definitely not as complete as they make it sound ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dave, this is a fairly unrelated question but on the Stage three kit am I to assume you're still turning under 14.7 PSI of boost since it comes with a 2-bar MAP? I thought the M62 was capable of pushing more than that before you had efficiency issues? Also, since you guys seem to be the Supercharger folks when it comes to the Kappas, have you ever considered offering a Twin Screw kit?

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Dave, this is a fairly unrelated question but on the Stage three kit am I to assume you're still turning under 14.7 PSI of boost since it comes with a 2-bar MAP? I thought the M62 was capable of pushing more than that before you had efficiency issues? Also, since you guys seem to be the Supercharger folks when it comes to the Kappas, have you ever considered offering a Twin Screw kit?
The 2 bar MAP sensor we use actually reads above 14.7, but the kit does run right around 14-15psi depending on other mods, temps, etc. We have ran that supercharger up to 21psi before and it made the same power at 18psi and not much more power than at 15psi, so along with the MAP sensor limitation 15psi works pretty good on that supercharger.

We did look at doing a twin screw setup originally, but the sizing and also the price difference at the time pushed up towards the MP62. Right now we are doing a new supercharger kit that should give us the option to use a twin screw the way we are designing it, but the new kit will be introduced with the MP62.

Hope that makes sense.
Dave

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So, now that I'm no longer interested in purchasing this incomplete system on eBay.. any special deals coming soon? ;)
Ditto, already looking forward to the annual 12 Days of Christmas sale.

Dave is the Ebay kit something you could buy and recondition and offer at a discount?

I still have dreams of installing a V8 in my 2.4 Sol, but sometimes wonder if just going with a SC would be simpler.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Or picking this thing up for a good price and sending it down to Dave to have him refurbish it and add the missing parts ?

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
I do NOT want to sign up Dave to do more work, he is doing some for ME and that of course comes first . .. but I will say that at least once in the past a kit was sent to Dave, refurbished and then went to a new owner. That was a great outcome.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
We might pick them both up and turn them into refurb kits, but after looking further, the one "kit" that is more complete needs -

Set of 42# injectors
2 bar MAP sensor
5060620 Belt
Intercooler main shroud
Intake Shroud
Front Crank pulley
Air filter - RU-1480
New idler pulley

The other "kit" is basically useless except for the supercharger and needs basically everything -

Front plate mount
Tensioner
Idler pulleys
Front plate mount spacer
Stage 2 pulley
Rear mount plate
Engine mount plate
Intercooler
Drivers side charge tube
Drivers side MAF tube
Drivers side intake elbow
Passenger side charge tube
Passenger side connection tube to supercharger
All silicone connectors and hose clamps
Intake tube under supercharger
Intake tube going to filter
Set of 42# injectors
2 bar MAP sensor
5060620 Belt
Intercooler main shroud
Intake Shroud
Front Crank pulley
Air filter - RU-1480
New idler pulley
All mounting hardware for the supercharger mounts, etc.

For the prices he is asking, it is going to be hard for us to provide all of the new parts, refurb the superchargers and be able to sell them. I sent him over an email though and we will see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK first post here or for that mater first post on any forum. , I am new to the forum and a new solstice owner. Picked up a 2007 well equipped NA a couple of months ago with 9200 miles and in near new condition. I still have a magazine showing the prototype solstice and it was love at first site and I finally got one. I had a major problem buying one when I lived on a dirt road. So i moved to town and got a sol.

Dave I emailed your shop inquiring about a reconditioned SC a while back. I understand their isn't many available but should one materialize that is not spoken for I would sure like to hear about it. Otherwise I look forward to hearing about your new turbo option I understand is in the works.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I will say that at least once in the past a kit was sent to Dave, refurbished and then went to a new owner. That was a great outcome.
I bought a used DDM stage 2 from this forum several years ago. Then I contacted Dave to get his help with install and support, a new tune, etc. He supported me so well, anyone would believe I bought it direct from him. DDM is great. Oh and the (now stage 3 Supercharger kit) has been worth every penny.

Thanks Dave for all the support

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
I bought a used DDM stage 2 from this forum several years ago. Then I contacted Dave to get his help with install and support, a new tune, etc. He supported me so well, anyone would believe I bought it direct from him. DDM is great. Oh and the (now stage 3 Supercharger kit) has been worth every penny.

Thanks Dave for all the support
Thank you! Hopefully you can make it out to nationals next year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts