Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 5 speed Auto and has 88,000 miles on it and it runs great! It has a cd player, auxiliary jack, A/C and heat, power windows, mirrors, and locks. Tires still have good tread life, 18" factory chrome wheels. The body is in great shape, it has black cloth seats, black interior and Aggressive/Red exterior, all original, no mods.The front bump has a few paint chips from driving and the hood needs a polishing. There are a couple of small door dings on the driver side. This is my wife's car and she no longer drives it(small child) and it is just sitting in our garage waiting on a new owner. Will email pics upon request. Serious inquires only please.

Asking $9,500 obo

·
Registered
260 Posts
why are people just throwing these away... they should be held to a higher standard a freaking miata goes for more then 12k. What's wrong with it? Don't sell yourself short.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good luck with your sale.

We can all thank GM/DC for killing Pontiac and scaring away potential used Solstice buyers.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
I just ran my Solstice through the kbb.com wringer to find out what kbb thought it was worth, 2006, all the options except for the base radio, 45K miles in darn near perfect condition = $9200 dollars FSBO.

The OP appears to be right on the numbers, depending on the market and geographical location.

Our cars are not appreciating no matter what a bunch of you think. :( :cryin:

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
Just wondering what new cars are appreciating? A friend of mine has a loaded 2003 ZO6 Vette that he bought new picked it up at the factory and paid 54000.00 for it.It has 6000 miles on it and about 12000.00 in aftermarket stuff wheels ,exhaust, motor upgrades etc.He was thinking about selling it get one of those 427 commemorative edition convertibles and the best anyone would give him was 38000.00 do the math this car is new!I have owned more than 70 cars in my lifetime and a lot were muscle ,sport ,collector type and the only ones now that are worth anything are the ones I bought in the 60's to late 70's and I sold them to buy something else. I had a few 5.0 mustangs in the 80's that I maybe could break even on only because of the way I keep my cars.Anyone who buys a car nowadays with the intent of making money is in for a surprise other than ultra high dollar cars.So a 2007 Solstice with 88000 miles of fun on it going for 9500 is not a bad investment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
... Some people just dont understand that a car is worth what it is worth. You can ask all you want for it, but don't expect to have people lined up to buy it if your asking price is what you "think" it's worth. Doesn't matter how much you love it, or how much of an enthusiast you are. The bottom line is that your car is worth anywhere between the wholesale price at a dealer auction and maybe a few grand more for a private party sale. The sellers asking price is realistic. :thumbs:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where?

It's a 5 speed Auto and has 88,000 miles on it and it runs great! It has a cd player, auxiliary jack, A/C and heat, power windows, mirrors, and locks. Tires still have good tread life, 18" factory chrome wheels. The body is in great shape, it has black cloth seats, black interior and Aggressive/Red exterior, all original, no mods.The front bump has a few paint chips from driving and the hood needs a polishing. There are a couple of small door dings on the driver side. This is my wife's car and she no longer drives it(small child) and it is just sitting in our garage waiting on a new owner. Will email pics upon request. Serious inquires only please.

Asking $9,500 obo
Where is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts