Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOT MINE, found on Craigslist.

2010 (VIN Y100006), GXP, Manual, Mysterious (Black), 63,000, $24,000, Jeffersonville, KY.
https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5649024457.html (pics)

Sellers comments: I am selling my 2010 Pontiac solstice GXP. This is a very RARE car to have. There were only 20 produced and only five work soft top GXP. Out of all 20 cars this is the only one that was black. The car currently has 63,000 miles on it. The car is in excellent shape runs perfect. Must See! If you're looking for a collectors car this would be a great one to have. I'm only selling this because I don't want to keep putting miles on it as my main car. Asking $ 24,900 or OBO.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interesting

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The 2010s were assembled at the same time that the 09s were being assembled. So yes, there were 09s that were assembled after the 10s were built. It being a 2010 might attract interest from collectors, but the amount of mileage it has on it may detract from any perceived additional value.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
All 30 2010 Kappas (12 Solstice Coupes, 8 Solstice Convertibles, 8 Saturn Skys and 2 Opel GTs) were pre-production test cars assembled during the 2009 production to test the installability of the new options planned for 2010. This is a common practice at GM and almost all other auto manufacturers.

If any production issues are discovered, it allows for time to adjust production methods to include the new options so there is no production problems.

AY100006 was built on 4/21/2009 as a part of the first batch of 2010s sent down the line. I have a copy of the build sheet and can't say that I noticed anything unique about this build other than it had a 2010 VIN number.

It is a GXP convertible with a manual transmission.

:yawn:

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
You would have to be a real "believer" (gambler) to think that this car will ever be worth $50K as a collectible. I don't think it will happen and certainly not in my life time. There isn't anything truly unique about the 2010 that would make it worth four times what you can buy a lower mileage GXP for today. Is there??

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
You would have to be a real "believer" (gambler) to think that this car will ever be worth $50K as a collectible. I don't think it will happen and certainly not in my life time. There isn't anything truly unique about the 2010 that would make it worth four times what you can buy a lower mileage GXP for today. Is there??
Other than the 2010 VIN number, there isn't anything unique about this build. There aren't any options that weren't available in 2009 or earlier.

The only "new" option for 2010 was remote start, which was going to be available on auto transmission Sols and Skys. This car doesn't have it.

:dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts