Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Pontiac Solstice Race Car 100 + pics

This 2006 Pontiac Solstice was delivered new to Peoria Pontiac-GMC Inc of Arizona before being purchased by the seller in January 2007 and modified to compete in SCCA racing events.

The car won the SCCA Southwest Divisional Championship in 2008 and competed in Showroom Stock B and Super Touring Under classes as well as the Tire Rack Champ Car Series. Modifications include a GM Performance Parts carbon fiber hardtop, an Ultra Shield containment racing seat, a seven-point FIA certified harness with a 2023 expiration date, a NASCAR style roll cage, a fire suppression system, and aftermarket digital gauges.

Factory equipment includes the club sport package which consists of a limited-slip rear differential, anti-lock disc brakes, and a sport-tuned suspension with Bilstein shocks. This Solstice is offered with the window sticker, spare parts, SCCA and Tire Rack Champ Car logbooks, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Arizona title in the seller’s name.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Watching this auction and hoping it brings big money. My 06 z0k race prepped Solstice may end up there if the numbers make sense. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Seller with same location had this car on Craigslist in 2017 and was asking a bit more than 14000$
Unless there's a crazy coincidence going on, I'm led to believe that it's @DFWBert's car.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked on this cars auction progress, the screen opened at the 37 second countdown mark. SOLD FOR $10,050 ON 1/11/22 by romathis.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Someone got it cheap! I was happy it sold so it can be enjoyed by a new owner, but was kinda shocked at the (guessing) $10k reserve. I figured it would do better on BAT ($10k seemed like an easy sale for a car like this using any selling platform).

·
Registered
868 Posts
I agree Matt, the hard top alone is worth a good chuck of the selling price!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts