Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just traded in my 2008 NA 2.4L Solstice, so it's time to sell off the aftermarket goodies that I kept. First up is the Vector Motorsports tuned ECM. This make the 2.4L cars more fun to drive. Mine was a manual transmission, so my observations are associated with that type of drivetrain. With the tuned ECM, the engine pulled stronger at lower RPMs. Starts from a standstill needed less RPMs. Upshifts can be done at lower RPMs, including 5th gear. Car pulled stronger in top gear. When I drove my car for the last time to the dealership for trade-in with the stock tune, I was less sad to see it go because the stock tune is not as satisfying to drive. This isn't like adding a supercharger, but it's a nice bump in performance with no downsides. Well, other than it's not free. :) I'm selling the tuned ECM for $375 including USPS shipping to the continental US 48 states.

You can read more about Vector tunes for the 2.4L on many threads on this forum. Here are some of them:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f64/2008-2-4l-tuning-available-42775/
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f64/who-has-best-tune-45245/
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f64/correct-ecm-2008-2-4l-49944/

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
To Add : The ECM will only work on cars produced from 2008 and on and have to be calibrated (vin , trans . etc ) to the car that it will be going into . I've had two done and they were specific to my car and I'm not sure if that has any issue with the tune it's not a plug in and play .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Add : The ECM will only work on cars produced from 2008 and on and have to be calibrated (vin , trans . etc ) to the car that it will be going into . I've had two done and they were specific to my car and I'm not sure if that has any issue with the tune it's not a plug in and play .
Actually it's not as much work as you state. The old ECM is removed, this new ECM is installed, and then an OBDII tool (I have a dashhawk) is plugged in to do a case learn. Everything is good to go at that point. This tune didn't need to be programmed for VIN, trans, etc. as you state, although I don't drive slushboxes so I can't speak specifically about automatic transmission cars. The case learn is a 5 minute or less operation, and if you don't have a scan tool the auto parts store (like Autozone) might be willing to plug theirs in and do it for you. This is as close to plug and play as it gets.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My apologies, Mr. Sting Ya. I dug through my old PM's and see this:

"Okie dokie paypal $517.71 to [email protected] (includes paypal service fees) include your VIN, Model year, Transmission IE manual/auto and your octane preference 91 or 93 and I'll get one out to you "

Well that sucks. I guess I'll have to see what's involved in updating this ECM tune for a new owner's car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts