Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

F/S leather GXP seats with Red Stitching - SOLD

7K views 44 replies 10 participants last post by  Tickfight 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, as I recently replaced my factory stock GXP Leather seats with aftermarket ones and I have no room left in the garage I thought I’d put these up for sale.

Car was at 22K miles when I pulled them a couple weeks ago and very gentle miles at that.
Drivers seat is motorized and fully functional.
Seats are perfect cosmetically and functionally with the exception of:

Drivers Seat:
No seat belt receiver.
No bolt for either side seatbelt.
No wiring harness.

passenger seat:
Fully functional and tested PPS Matt.
All wiring included.
I recycled the seat belt receiver from another seat I had and both seat belt bolts.
This seat is 100% plug and play.

I am asking (now reduced) $400 for both.
PM me if interested :)

passenger:
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Tire Automotive tire Product Gas Plant
Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel Motor vehicle
Furniture Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Bag Gas

See less See more
#4 ·
Its all covered here:

Long story short, there are a few wrinkles i haven't ironed out yet. Biggest one being the PPS and air bag system for passengers.
There are some (much smarter than me) people on the forum looking at and working on solutions, but as of this moment, my only option is to transplant a PPS from another seat. Just got one from Redline Auto (Fabric cover), and that one is up for sale / free in a separate post...
Let me know if you want any of the foam padding from it?

#5 ·
You mention that you pulled parts off another seat - would you have an extra plastic surround (bezel) and plastic lever that sits high on the seat back that releases the seat back to move forward?

#11 ·
I just noticed somethen...those gxp seats above has straight wires&springs under the coushion...my 09 has the zig zag springwire :unsure: wonder why for the change? I wish I had the $$ for those gxp seats to go with the gxp nose . ebony/cashmere gxp seats wood be even better!!!!:rolleyes: yes Im dreaming again sorry. Ive already ordered those seat covers from gm...and got the refund hours later.. dam the luck. I seem to be getting more refunds that parts this last week or so.

#12 ·
They are from a Stock 2008 car so perhaps the change was made for the last run in 2009?
The spare junk seat I bought was a 2006 pull and it also had the straight wires on the bottom.

seats are still for sale, boxed up in my garage.
I am entertaining offers :)

#15 ·
The drivers side seat usually takes more abuse so requires better support. This is probably one of the factors that causes the passenger seat PPS mat to fail. Lack of support from underneath allows too much movement in the cushion.

People that have issues with the drivers seat being too soft can replace the springs under the seat with stiffer ones. The passenger seat can have additional springs and wires added to eliminate excessive cushion movement.

Reactions: agent008
#19 ·
I know what you are saying, but if you want the space back and don't want to throw them away...
The issue with seats is the shipping. you may have a better chance of selling them if you takes the skins off and the cushions and then vacuum bag those pieces to they are smaller and will ship for a lot less. sell the lifting mechanism off the drivers seat separately. Freight shipping for the seats is what is expensive but with vacuum bagging the cushions ad the skins it would make it more appealing as those are the tings that are needed to restore a seat. the frames are usually in decent shape and or can be fixed easily.

Trying to offer you some options that might make it more appealing to people. You will still be able to keep the same price point as well.

#21 ·
Maybe I need to do a So. Cal trip and pick those things up! :unsure:

#22 ·
Well somebody PM’d me for weights and dims from Alabama.
I have a feeling shipping on them may deter him.
Gonna get a quote from our internal UPS system at work (we have negotiated rates).
Feel free to PM me if you’d like me to check for you.

for those playing along at home:

dims are 21” x 21” x 41”
Weight is just shy of 50 lbs each

#23 ·
it's gonna be probably 450.00 to ship them freight. The weight has no bearings on freight as a code is used because it's car parts. and while the seats are not going to occupy the space of a 5' pallet that is what is going to have to be paid for. Unless you build a wooden frame over the tops of the seats so another pallet can be stacked on top it's going to cost.

Better off looking at a smaller freight company as these have better rates and also better transit times as well.

#24 ·
I think you are waaay high KG. Regardless i can plug it into our UPS computer at work next week and see.

I am using the box that i got with a used seat from Redline Auto for one of them. Shipping from Florida to California was NOT $225 for one seat.
I paid $249 all in for the seat and shipping. Mind you the seat was not in great shape and had fabric covers that smelled of pinesol...

That was shipped FedEx Home Delivery. I am sure Redline, like my company ships a tremendous amount of stuff and has a negotiated rate with their shipping partner.

That being said, if someone is interested, PM me your "ship to" and the worst that can happen is I can find out how much :)

#25 ·
Fedex Freight from Denver to LA. measured at 28" x 28" x 32" and weighing 120LBS and it being car parts gives it a shipping class of 150.

Rectangle Font Software Screenshot Technology

Colorfulness Product Rectangle Orange Operating system

you think 450 is too high?? I think it's too low!!!

#28 · (Edited)
As much as I appreciate your help here KG, with all due respect I shipped a GXP Muffler across the country that still had the tailpipe tips and part of the front part in a larger box wieghing much more than these seats do (boxed seperately) . No pallet required. Shipping was about $75-$80 (I'd have to look it up) and the muffler arrived in perfect shape. The buyer and his mechanic even remarked at how over packed and in great shape it was upon delivery.

There will be no need for a pallet. No need for a lift gate. The boxes are 21x21x41 at 48.9 Lbs each.

Good lord I recently had shipped a $100,000 Audio Console in a wood crate from the UK to California at $1500.

Another example, the Braum seats were shipped in boxes (I am using one of them to ship one of the GXP seats).
They charged me $25 for shipping (Socal to Socal but still that was for seats and brackets).

Again, this is really simple and a "For Sale" post.
If someone is interested in them, PM me a "Ship to" i will plug them into our system at work and get a quote.
If i decide i need to eat some of the frieght to close the deal, that will be at my discretion.

Or if your local, swing buy and I'll buy you lunch and a beer :)

#27 ·
It was only a few hundred miles, but I used R+L Carriers to send my seats and a box of spare parts on a pallet from Michigan to Kentucky for $151 a year ago.

Reactions: HHGadget
#34 ·
I cannot imagine that using a company account with UPS would drop the cost of shipping something like the muffler by over 66%. Shipping on a Solstice muffler from LA to NY comes in at 185.00 dollars if you punch in the dimensions and weight into UPS.com.

#35 ·
Well I could be mistaken KG.
That being said if GreatGab wants to come down that would be fantastic.
Love to get a chance mingle with some fellow kappa folk.
I am in Encino so it would be a side step off the 5 on your way down to Temecula.

you take the 5 to the 405 South then get off on the 101 and head west.

#36 ·
you take the 5 to the 405 South then get off on the 101 and head west.
I grew up in Northridge... I'll find you! Is Versailles still around?

#38 ·
Just ran an Alabama and Florida set of addresses through our UPS shipping computer.
Basically 21x21x41 at 50 lbs per Seat are $75 each.
We have a blanket shipping insurance policy… So shipping to those two states for both seats would total at $150.
Really not that bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.