Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, as I recently replaced my factory stock GXP Leather seats with aftermarket ones and I have no room left in the garage I thought I’d put these up for sale.

Car was at 22K miles when I pulled them a couple weeks ago and very gentle miles at that.
Drivers seat is motorized and fully functional.
Seats are perfect cosmetically and functionally with the exception of:

Drivers Seat:
No seat belt receiver.
No bolt for either side seatbelt.
No wiring harness.

passenger seat:
Fully functional and tested PPS Matt.
All wiring included.
I recycled the seat belt receiver from another seat I had and both seat belt bolts.
This seat is 100% plug and play.

I am asking (now reduced) $400 for both.
PM me if interested :)

passenger:
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Tire Automotive tire Product Gas Plant
Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel Motor vehicle
Furniture Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Bag Gas

·
Registered
213 Posts
Somewhat off topic, but what aftermarket seats did you use? My 2006 leather seats are getting pretty destroyed. I could re-cover and also re-bolster, but may look at aftermarket as well.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somewhat off topic, but what aftermarket seats did you use? My 2006 leather seats are getting pretty destroyed. I could re-cover and also re-bolster, but may look at aftermarket as well.

Thanks,
Its all covered here:

Long story short, there are a few wrinkles i haven't ironed out yet. Biggest one being the PPS and air bag system for passengers.
There are some (much smarter than me) people on the forum looking at and working on solutions, but as of this moment, my only option is to transplant a PPS from another seat. Just got one from Redline Auto (Fabric cover), and that one is up for sale / free in a separate post...
Let me know if you want any of the foam padding from it?

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
892 Posts
You mention that you pulled parts off another seat - would you have an extra plastic surround (bezel) and plastic lever that sits high on the seat back that releases the seat back to move forward?

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mention that you pulled parts off another seat - would you have an extra plastic surround (bezel) and plastic lever that sits high on the seat back that releases the seat back to move forward?
Your timing is impeccable.
PM me please Greatgab.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
#bump.
Seats Still for sale. Please give them a new home (and outta my garage)

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and.. another gentle bump... Got them boxed up and ready to ship.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
1,934 Posts
I just noticed somethen...those gxp seats above has straight wires&springs under the coushion...my 09 has the zig zag springwire :unsure: wonder why for the change? I wish I had the $$ for those gxp seats to go with the gxp nose . ebony/cashmere gxp seats wood be even better!!!!:rolleyes: yes Im dreaming again sorry. Ive already ordered those seat covers from gm...and got the refund hours later.. dam the luck. I seem to be getting more refunds that parts this last week or so.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just noticed somethen...those gxp seats above has straight wires&springs under the coushion...my 09 has the zig zag springwire :unsure: wonder why for the change? I wish I had the $$ for those gxp seats to go with the gxp nose . ebony/cashmere gxp seats wood be even better!!!!:rolleyes: yes Im dreaming again sorry. Ive already ordered those seat covers from gm...and got the refund hours later.. dam the luck. I seem to be getting more refunds that parts this last week or so.
They are from a Stock 2008 car so perhaps the change was made for the last run in 2009?
The spare junk seat I bought was a 2006 pull and it also had the straight wires on the bottom.

seats are still for sale, boxed up in my garage.
I am entertaining offers :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
There's two different seat supports in each car. The driver's side has the zizag squiggle pattern and the passenger's side has the straight pattern as shown. I've never quite understood why GM did this.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's two different seat supports in each car. The driver's side has the zizag squiggle pattern and the passenger's side has the straight pattern as shown. I've never quite understood why GM did this.
Mystery solved

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
The drivers side seat usually takes more abuse so requires better support. This is probably one of the factors that causes the passenger seat PPS mat to fail. Lack of support from underneath allows too much movement in the cushion.

People that have issues with the drivers seat being too soft can replace the springs under the seat with stiffer ones. The passenger seat can have additional springs and wires added to eliminate excessive cushion movement.

Reactions: agent008

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dropping my asking price to $400 for both seats.
Really want to recover the space in my garage…

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I can't believe you haven't moved them yet. Maybe a craigslist or Facebook ad.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't believe you haven't moved them yet. Maybe a craigslist or Facebook ad.
Well CL and FB are not places I like to “hang out”.
eBay is kind a pain and honestly I was hoping to get them to a forum member, maybe somebody that loves the car and needs them…

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I know what you are saying, but if you want the space back and don't want to throw them away...
The issue with seats is the shipping. you may have a better chance of selling them if you takes the skins off and the cushions and then vacuum bag those pieces to they are smaller and will ship for a lot less. sell the lifting mechanism off the drivers seat separately. Freight shipping for the seats is what is expensive but with vacuum bagging the cushions ad the skins it would make it more appealing as those are the tings that are needed to restore a seat. the frames are usually in decent shape and or can be fixed easily.

Trying to offer you some options that might make it more appealing to people. You will still be able to keep the same price point as well.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear ya KG. This last couple of years has caused me to want to deal with the general public even less..
Someone just PM’d me with some interest.

Merry X-Mas all!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts