Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

F/S Mechanics Special 2006 $1500, Long Beach CA

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  silversolstice 
#1 ·
Not Mine, found on Craigslist, $1500

2008 grey pontiac solstice

Sellers ad:
car wont start am just selling it for parts. it has a new motor just the electrical fried out, cant seem to fix it. give me a call anytime.

#7 ·
Seems like he can't get it to start/turn over. Nothing indicating that the wiring is fried. He says he's the first owner but ordered duplicate pink slip/can't register it to the DMV? But can't because it doesn't run hence no smog. He's looking to salvage title it. I honestly have no idea what he means but he's going to the DMV to see how it's going to work. If the car is in good shape it might be a real easy fix. It might just be something stupid easy to fix.

#8 ·
The BCM is probably fried, but that's an easy fix. So many people don't know that we have a BCM in our car.... I would be cautious of a "duplicate pink slip". Never heard of that! I was thinking about buying this myself.... Then when I couldn't contact him through craigslist, I got cold feet because I don't want someone spamming my email account. I would be careful...something just doesn't add up... Anyone that knows this car, knows that he's sitting on $$$$ for the parts.

#10 ·
I was thinking of having my son take a look at the car hell for that price I can have it shipped to Ohio put it in my barn and have another project once the Solstice and Chevelle are done but I'm leery of a salvage title especially if the car has not been totaled . As the Ghost said and I whole heartedly agree with him something just doesn't add up .

#13 ·
I posted this because it sounds like a great deal. But the more I think about it maybe it's too good to be true. If anyone decides to go I'd wouldn't have cash on me, and I'd make sure the person selling it knew that. Best to use some common sense & street smarts in this situation.

#14 ·
I was going to suggest, to be sure someone knows where you are.

He has not responded to me. It maybe gone. I thought at first it was mechanics lien, but he states he was the original owner, so that can't be it.

I am headed to Colorado early in the morning, he missed his chance with me. If it is true hope someone on here snaps it up.

#15 ·
Yeah I haven't pressured him or anything. I'm going to let him contact me from here on out. Nothing seems too out of place other than the fact that he's selling so cheap. Seems like he wants to convert his current title to salvage because he can't get the car to pass smog in it's non operational status (Which you can't sell in California if it doesn't pass). He just seems really inexperienced when it comes to DMV dealings. We'll see. I'm not stupid about it.

#16 ·
u can't private sale a car that doesn't start in ca??

#17 ·
In Law the owner has to get the car smogged before he sales it, but that doesn't always happen. The title won't transfer until the car passes smog so its a bit of a gamble. This dude is either super naive or up to no good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.