Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Used hardtops do not come up for sale very often> If anyone is interested, I would suggest contacting the seller sooner rather than later. As usual, be careful sending money to strangers. Ad says carbon wrap, which can be removed to reveal the fiberglass, and then finished and painted if wanted. BTW, this top has a glass rear window (additional cost option) and rear defogger (additional cost option). The only other option would be an upgraded (thicker) headliner.

NOT MINE, found on CL

Pontiac solstice hard top (3 pics)

Sellers ad:
I have a hard top for a Pontiac solstice that's carbon wrapped great condition with defrost back glass nothing wrong with it just don't have the car anymore

Avoid CL scams: craigslist | about > scams

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sent the owner a message will see if he responds and is willing to ship. On smoothlines website they have the solstice and sky hardtops separate but I assume they are interchangeable correct? Want to make sure there is not some slight different that would prevent it from fitting properly on a sky if he responds.

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Sol & the SKY humps are different, the SKY's humps have a slight peak, the Sol's are rounded. Best bet is to call or send Smoothline an email and ask.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
This is a great deal for anyone that wants a Club Racer top and lives near Seattle. I just spoke with Smoothline this week about this very top and they are about $2000 new. If I lived relatively close to this area I would be driving my Solstice there to pick it up.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Smoothline tops for the Sky and Solstice are different. There was a thread here quite a while back where the buyer had received a Solstice top for his Sky and it did not fit.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thumbnail pics of Smoothline Club Racer hardtop not fitting correctly on a SKY.
Smooth Lines Sky Hardtop - Problems! - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

The forum thought this may be a Club Racer hardtop for a Sol, original poster never posted again to clear up the confusion or explain if the issue was resolved. But it does appear the Club Racer hardtop is not interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Wonder how much the shipping would be to NC?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seem to recall Smoothline charging me a freight service price of around $250. If the owner isn't replying to emails it may be because its sold already because good deals tend move quickly. Still how long does it take to send a sorry, already sold email.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Yeh, I tried to contact him as well. I would pay that in shipping easily.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Heard nothing so far. I am thinking it is gone....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts