Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relisted again on Ebay 9/12/14 (High bid last time listed was $450).

Buy now price $850, upgrades include; glass rear window, defogger, thicker headliner, and white vinyl top. Seller says they originally paid $1700, and will not ship. Pick up only; Windsor, NY.

Red flag; pics posted may not be actual top since the ad says vinyl top and the pics posted are of a white gloss top that I've seen on the net for the last couple of years.

Pontiac Solstice Convertible Hardtop | eBay

·
Registered
174 Posts
also the underside picture isn't the lemans hardtop shape.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good catch! Seems like a good price, but I'd want to see it in person first, or at the very least see pics of the actual top. Current retail price for a no option Lemans top is $999. But I think when they original came out they were a couple hundred higher?

I just ordered Club Racer hardtop last week so have no interest in this.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent the following question through Ebay to the seller, and they responded within a day.

Hello, I noticed you are selling a hardtop for a Pontiac Solstice, the description says a white vinyl top, but the pics show a gloss white hardtop. Also, the pic of the inside of the hardtop appears to be a different style hardtop. Could you please clarify. Thanks for your time.

Sellers response.

The picture was taken during a fit test it is white vinyl . As for the inside photo that is a factory shot to show that it has the black liner and rear defrost connections. But yes it is a different top just for illustration purpose.

So for what it's worth I did get a reply, and for all I know it's a forum member. Still like I said, I'd prefer to see a pic of the actual top if I was bidding.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Buy now price $850, upgrades include; glass rear window, defogger, thicker headliner, and white vinyl top. Seller says they originally paid $1700, and will not ship. Pick up only; Windsor, NY.

Red flag; pics posted may not be actual top since the ad says vinyl top and the pics posted are of a white gloss top that I've seen on the net for the last couple of years.

I just saw that myself. he used the smoothline stock photos as well. Smells like a scam to me. But, I'm about 1.5 hours away. He says that is for sale locally as well. If it looks like a real sale item, then I'll take a trip down there to check it out in person. If I pass on it, then I'll post my findings here for interested members

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

No sale 8/21/14 (High bid $450). I think the owner would have better luck if he posted pics of top that's being sold, rather than using pics that most of us know were pulled off the net.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts