Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the Solstice will come with an option for non-leather seating or fabric seating. I don't want leather.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think leather will be an option. I would expect the base car to come without power windows and stuff. I'm starting to think it's not going to be a real great deal. Were getting a whole 180 HP when loaded will be around 25K. When you can buy a S2000 for 30K from an online dealer usually. And we all know once the first rush is over they'll lose more value the the S2000 will. I wish I could mate the S2000 engine and guages with the solstice body. :smile

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum Daddyking! You may be interested in reading this edmunds.com first drive of the Solstice. They drove the 2006 prototype that has been hitting the autoshow circuit for the past year. Although they did not drive it fast, they did have an outline of what would be standard, and what might be optional on the car. They quote a gm rep in the article who does state that leather seating will be an extra cost option. So your wish should come true having standard cloth seating.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/pontiac/solstice/100380124/preview.html

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DLD84 said:
dont want leather? say it aint so :(
I can understand people who would not want leather in a car such as this. If the leather is slippery, it makes it harder to stay planted in the seat during serious driving. It can get somewhat hot in direct sun too (especially if its dark in color). Cloth holds you better in the seat, and is not so hot to the touch when you leave it top down in the sun. There are definately advantages to cloth!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Fabric, leather or vinyl...Which one holds up to the sun the best? I'd rather have fabric but most of the stuff can't handle the great doses of UV I plan on exposing the interior to. And spreading SPF 30 on the seats doesn't sound too appealing. Kind of cancels out the extra grip. ;) Guess I'll go with cloth and get in the habit of putting up the top in parking lots. Unless they package out the fabric, like you can't get a LSD or cruise control without leather seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cloth Seats

Being From New Mexico. Having Leather seats would literaly burn my butt in the summertime. Leather is very nice up north. But here in the sunbelt. Cloth is more comfortable while wearing shorts. And Who wants to have a babe with a first degree burn on her tush while driving in your car in Daise Dukes?
In the winter leather is slippery, hard(untill Warm), and Cold.
I vote for Cloth Seats.

latinmcgyver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts