Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Is it causing distortion going through the amp? I have an aftermarket touch screen stereo that I'm just not happy with and was considering going back to stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it causing distortion going through the amp? I have an aftermarket touch screen stereo that I'm just not happy with and was considering going back to stock.
No distortion, just too loud for me if using factory amp. Signal is amplified for applications without amplifier.

·
Super Moderator
15,945 Posts
I put a G6 radio in our Sky. Same configuration. I LOVE it. The combination of the non-Monsoon deck with the Monsoon hardware works great. The chimes are a bit loud but infrequently heard. I considered getting one for Punisher I liked it so much

Just don't turn it up TOO far LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
Can't the radio be re-programmed with a Tech2 to adjust its output to suit Monsoon or non-Monsoon applications?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I put a G6 radio in our Sky. Same configuration. I LOVE it. The combination of the non-Monsoon deck with the Monsoon hardware works great. The chimes are a bit loud but infrequently heard. I considered getting one for Punisher I liked it so much

Just don't turn it up TOO far LOL
I remember you mentioning that to me on the way to the car museum at the 2018 NASSAM. That's why I thought I'd give it a try!

My Kenwood touch screen is impossible to see with the top down and Garmin does not support it any longer to update the navigation maps. I just want to go back the simple function of the factory radio.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't the radio be re-programmed with a Tech2 to adjust its output to suit Monsoon or non-Monsoon applications?
I actually paid a gm tech to try reprogramming it, but it did not take any of the updates that he tried. There is probably a way, but need to find just the right person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts